Got "Ben"

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
30 years in this house and never a mouse or rat...till now.

Fell asleep on the couch, woke up about 2 am and thought one of the dogs was at the food bowl. Got up to piss and it was'nt a Cairn Terrier or a Chihuahua. My new pet had buck teeth and a bald tail.

Set traps and lean some plywood around them so the dogs don't get at then. Bait with peanut butter, dog food, etc. Week goes by and nothing in the kill bag. Now I'm finding varment terds and piss trails all over the place. Set sticky traps. Another week goes by and I am humbled that I can go kill 500# swordfish, but can't kill what is now keeping me up at night with rampant thoughts of devious means to end his reign of terror on us.

I go to pet store and buy a couple feeder rats, male and female. Put them in plastic container, swab up rat piss and put it on some of the snap traps. Give rats to my brother with a boa.

Wife and I are on the couch the next evening and "SNAP" and I hear plywood moving! "Got the fucker and it's a big one" I declare to my wife who now see's her hunter in a new light. I pull back the plywood and no trap. "Shit, the son of a bitch is so big it dragged off the trap" I start pulling furniture away from the walls. Half way from busting a hernia pulling the china hutch out my wife says, Bud...Chuy (one of the Chihuahua's) has something on his face. YEP! $300 vet bill to get him checked out. Funny thing is he looks like a god damn rat.

Bought poisen and hid behind frig, dishwasher, etc so dogs can't get. Two days later I hear some soft thuds in the kitchen. The Cairn Terrier is tossing around my foe who is alive but FUBAR.

Bastard was as wide as he was long. Eukanuba ain't just good for yer dog. All my wife could say was 'Look at the size of his balls!" I had to agree. Had to be 20% of his body weight.

"Ben" now is a resident of the Santee landfill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
I believe you encountered the notorious Norwegian Rat....

Upvote 0

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Careful with the poison, they like go and hide somewhere dark to die. I had a client that had us pull a bathroom apart because the smell was so strong and lasted so long. Found 4 dead Norwegians behind the bathtub.

Reactions: Andriy Proshchenko
Upvote 0

I'M OFF

Really off
Jul 12, 2007
On the deck
Name
Tommy
Boat
I found this bitch on a furnace
2ae967e97e903e9458b2a8321ecf6884.jpg

Reactions: Bud B
Upvote 0

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
Careful with the poison, they like go and hide somewhere dark to die. I had a client that had us pull a bathroom apart because the smell was so strong and lasted so long. Found 4 dead Norwegians behind the bathtub.

After 2 weeks the wife said she would deal with the smell. I warned her. I've smelled dead creatures in walls and under houses. When he got into my Lucky Charms...fuck it...game on!

Luckily he came out in the open where my dog got him. I think he was going from under the dish washer to the food/water bowls but was so screwed up from the poisen and Tawny got him. He was still alive but FUBAR and I had to finish him off. My nightmare of a dog eating one after being poisoned kept me vigilant and up at night. I had to trade Tawny the cairn a hunk of smoked pork butt for Ben. It was like I was Jesse trying to get his shit back from Tuco.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ray loftis

Fish Strong
Apr 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Ray Loftis
Boat
Any one I'm on is fine
I loved that song
Made me sad
Remember the movie?
BTW
I'd smoke them too if they tried to get into my Life cereal or Doritos.
Makes me want to go fishing
Forget about real life .....

Upvote 0

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Bud, I had a real problem with rats a few years ago. I used snap traps, bait traps and electric traps with good success. Use whatever they're eating for bait, but inside I would use an electric trap so they don't die inside. The Chihuahua might be able to get his nose into it, but will only do it once!!! :D

Reactions: strackle99
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I went to war with those fat bastards about a year ago....I won!Pic is of an old war relic.I used to see those fuckers running across the fence and feces around my dogs food bowl.

Im actually feeling a little guilty because I might have chased them your direction.When they see their brother,sister,mom,dad,uncle or cousins head on a stick in their path of travel I think they got the messege....fuck the food time to move LOL.

rat trap.jpg

Upvote 0

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
I went to war with those fat bastards about a year ago....I won!Pic is of an old war relic.I used to see those fuckers running across the fence and feces around my dogs food bowl.

Im actually feeling a little guilty because I might have chased them your direction.When they see their brother,sister,mom,dad,uncle or cousins head on a stick in their path of travel I think they got the messege....fuck the food time to move LOL.

View attachment 590948

Just fair. I been tossing all the coons, skunks and possum I been live trapping in yer back yard for years.

Ya know Bill, we live close enough that on a good morning I could piss on yer lawn if the wind is blowing right, and thats been for 15 years. Maybe we should fish/spear sometime. I retired from the commercial fishing and could stand a day or two on the water.

Upvote 0

DALE S

TOTW
Apr 23, 2007
SD
Name
Dale
Boat
Bayrunner Baja 21
lol thx for sharing Bud! You can hang a star on that one.......or two

Upvote 0

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
Isn't the Red Diamond Back Rat a protected species???

O.J can kill his wife, Casey Anthony can kill her baby, Bush can kill countless Iraqi's...you can kill a good joke...and CSI is only gonna come up with Cairn Terrier DNA on the body.

Probation at worst says the attorney I got through Costco.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Did someone say Red Diamond?......you fuggers crack me up......

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Your killing me! You took a picture of a Rat's ball's! How fricking hilarious is this........

Upvote 0