shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Aloha Gang,

Its been a little while since I have been on BD, sorry for the lack of participation. In July I bought another boat:-), I realized I out grew my 19' Glasspro, and purchased a 30' Knife, out of Wahiawa. from 2 very close family friends and long time Haleiwa Tuna Killah's, Capt. Calvin and his father Raymond. I have been dialing in with the new boat and her and I are getting to know each other and it is working out great! The old Ohana H will be missed she always brought me and my family home safe and I cannot deny an excellent strike boat, she is in great hands now seeing my partner Lance that some of you seen in my pictures, has taken the helm and now Capt. Lance and his family and new crew are on their way to keep up the tradition.
Late July I got her blessed and did a shake down out at HH to BO, the winds where about 20+ and seas around 6+ as expected with the 30' Knife I was able to hold 15-16Knts from the the head buoy all the way to HH without by back going out or being soaking wet LOL, must say night and day from my old boat. I set lines once I was about 1 mile from the buoy as I dropped the last line in the water corner popped about a 15lb Mahimahi, as tradition goes I let the first fish go back in the water:), Caught a few buoy mahi and headed to BO at this time I am smiles ear to ear sitting on the bridge and amazed on how she is handling in seas I normally get slapped around LOL. as I came up to the BO saw a small cargo net in the water, made a pass "Knock down" came back around Center Rigger goes Marlin "Big Gal" dumped about 600yrds out and we fought her for about 45min before she threw the hook:( oh well kinda how it goes with those guys LOL, truth is wasn't trying to hunt hard just running the boat doing a shake down, the new Ohana H seems to be a great strike boat and looking forward in whats at store in the future:) Well fella's don't want to bore you all day lol. Introducing the new Ohana H go loadem up Captains and see you in the water:)

Aloha,
Spens

IMG_20160822_042352619.jpg IMG_20160821_151017177.jpg IMG_20160821_144543786.jpg IMG_20160821_144646183.jpg

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Spens, thanks for the introduction and Congratulations on the new Ohana-H. I was curious, saw your avatar before this post. She is Beautiful!!!

Cheers
Pat

Upvote 0

pfont

no mo boat
Jul 6, 2010
mililani
Name
peter fontanilla
Boat
2021 - 14' Livingston (17' Arima Sea Chaser-"kiana" - 1989 - SOLD on 9/16/2016)
spens ... a beautiful boat ... congratulations :appl:and good luck fishing:profile: and may your new boat be blessed to always return you and your crew home safely :devil:
mahalo pete :lux:

Reactions: JimmyK
Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Spens, thanks for the introduction and Congratulations on the new Ohana-H. I was curious, saw your avatar before this post. She is Beautiful!!!

Cheers
Pat
Aloha Pat,
Hope all is well with you and your family:) We must really love this hobby LOTs of $$$$$$$ but we only live once I guess:) Looking forward in seeing you out there

Mahalo Spens

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
i see a leg...what kind of engine you got?
It has the original 200hp Volvo Mech. 290DP Leg, Just got done going over a once through on all items so I can start my log book and clock my hours correctly:) She's not a very fast boat, but engine has been taking care of very well. During the first "Shake down" I held her once I past the head buoy SandIsland to HH buoy at around 2400rpm 15-16knts in 20+ easterly and 6+ seas...Temp held at 180 never moved, boat cut right through the rough as expected "Knife". When I took her in the flats push throttle to 3500rpm trimmed and held 25knts. not very fast but my displacement is also 12000lbs so not to bad. Trolling speed held at 7-8knts @1500-1600rpm which I understand is good so pretty happy with that:) my total fuel burn at 8.5 hours of trolling and gunning around 19gal. of Diesel. I believe the boat is a little underpowered and understand back when Moniz and Clayton were making these boats it was the desired HP at the time. I did price a Yanmar 260 and a Volvo 300 and at close to 65-70K complete I think I will wait until I really need a new engine LOL. I am getting use to a leg engine set up. but like with all things I will make it work:) Dream would be twin shafts but until then I will try to master the leg:). Hope to see you out in the water Capt.

Aloha Spens

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Spencer, Congrats on your new ride! Looks like a really killin' machine.
Mahalo Capt. if anything should be a little more dry and not as bumpy when I go LOL I am a long way from becoming a "Killing machine" but I will give my best shot :)
Aloha Spens

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Real nice boat, watch out fish.
Aloha Capt. Steve, Thanks for the compliment still getting to know her but very happy and taking the time to make ready for next season:) Hope to see you out there soon go load em up Capt.

Mahalo Spens

Upvote 0

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
spens ... a beautiful boat ... congratulations :appl:and good luck fishing:profile: and may your new boat be blessed to always return you and your crew home safely :devil:
mahalo pete :lux:
Thanks brother, you da best, and yes main thing coming home safe:)
go loadem up

Aloha Spens

Upvote 0

jkvshooter

Mar 14, 2009
Oahu
Name
justin
Boat
Fiber Form
Congratulations! I am a little jealous, haaahaaaaa. Great looking boat

Reactions: shfish
Upvote 0

Kinaiahi61

Jan 17, 2012
Lihue, Hi
Name
Kalani
Boat
Kai Kea
Congrats on the upsize. We all aspire and few accomplish. Hope you have many good fortunes and safe trips, aloha and God bless you and the ohana.

Upvote 0

Latest posts