Offshore Got a call from Redondo Sportfishing. The Pescador 3/5 1.5 day to bring the big stuff for bluefin

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
Feb 22, 2021
Long Beach, Ca
Name
Ducks
Boat
None
Just curious if there is bluefin already up here? I thought this was a Seabass special as advertised. Anyways here nor their, just curious what I should bring on this trip. I was loading up on sinker weights and jigs for Lingcod and Seabass. Guess I’ll be re arranging my tackle box now.

Any suggestions to cover all the boxes? Seems like I’ll need a mix of everything now. Thanks for helping a new poster

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    Just curious if there is bluefin already up here? I thought this was a Seabass special as advertised. Anyways here nor their, just curious what I should bring on this trip. I was loading up on sinker weights and jigs for Lingcod and Seabass. Guess I’ll be re arranging my tackle box now.

Any suggestions to cover all the boxes? Seems like I’ll need a mix of everything now. Thanks for helping a new poster
    Call Jacob and ask. You’re gonna have limits of fun whatever fish you catch.

Reactions: Ducksnpucks

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    I've heard over and over about how fucked it is when guys get on the boat and are pissed that the boat didn't do as advertised..
    I haven't fished the sport fleet for awhile but for them to call each passenger and inform them to make sure they are geared right is awesome and should be appreciated by all..

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
    Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Call Jacob and ask. You’re gonna have limits of fun whatever fish you catch.

Thank you. Was pretty surprised on the phone call. I’ll call tomorrow and ask what we’re suppose to bring I didn’t have enough time to ask because I was on another phone call. And I have a friend out of state coming with me. So I’ll have to get his gear ready as well. Appreciate the insight. Either way we’re just happy to be on the water. Was just surprised on the bluefin phone call.

Thank again BD! On the suggestions! Awesome community

Last edited:

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
    Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Outskirts of Clemente is getting fishy. Hoping we hear back from y’all private boaters soon.

7FBEE108-D554-455C-95B5-7E9472F6193D.png

• Wow
    Reactions: JamesZ

Dudley613

• May 20, 2015
    Inyotuckee CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    Thank you. Was pretty surprised on the phone call. I’ll call tomorrow and ask what we’re suppose to bring I didn’t have enough time to ask because I was on another phone call. And I have a friend out of state coming with me. So I’ll have to get his gear ready as well. Appreciate the insight. Either way we’re just happy to be on the water. Was just surprised on the bluefin phone call.

Thank again BD! On the suggestions! Awesome community
    You owe us a report when you get back! Good luck!

Reactions: CESARJRC

california2

Jan 29, 2011
    N. OC
    Name
    cali
    Boat
    boat
    Been seeing a lot of pics of the 30-60. No confirmed pics of these 150lb plus. Usually the bigger ones lag behind in showing up. Anyone have any confirmed reports or pics. I know we fisherman exaggerate size

bdogie1

Almost A Member
  • May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    On Mar 7th the Pescador Full-Day trip had 17 anglers catch :
    100 Rockfish, 100 Whitefish, 50 Red Snapper, 3 Sculpin, 1 Lingcod, 1 Sheepshead

On Mar 3rd the Pescador Full-Day trip had 17 anglers catch :
    50 Rockfish, 15 Red Snapper, 10 Whitefish, 3 Sculpin, 2 Sheepshead

On Mar 2nd the Pescador Full-Day trip had 17 anglers catch :
    60 Rockfish, 50 Red Snapper, 20 Whitefish, 3 Lingcod, 2 Sculpin, 1 Sheepshead

On Mar 1st the Pescador Full-Day trip had 17 anglers catch :
    85 Rockfish, 85 Red Snapper, 10 Whitefish, 2 Lingcod

I will say both solid boats that get after it....

Last edited:
    Reactions: fishin_kid