PENN

Dakota Kid

Nov 23, 2011
San Diego
Name
Jason
Boat
The Escape
Took the boy out on Monday 11/21 in San Diego Bay, caught 5 keepers for the night and also found 3 Hoop Nets as I was searching for one of mine. I had already found 2 nets for a couple of guys and found two more of them later that night. So if you lost nets on Monday or know your buddy that did, have them get ahold of me and indentify them.
858-337-9126
Jason

Upvote 0

Antares

The popcorn police
Jul 3, 2009
San Diego/Maui
Name
Drew
Boat
29'
Good for you man. BUT you know you cant have more then 5 nest on the boat (assuming only one card). If DFG stops you, you would have gotten nailed.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
don't mean to be a thread jacker so srry but.... can you have more than 10 nets if i have a dinghy on board and use both boats to fish? kind of a mini mothership operation?

Upvote 0

Antares

The popcorn police
Jul 3, 2009
San Diego/Maui
Name
Drew
Boat
29'
I was wondering about that, but I have a card for my son as well. Does that count for 5 more nets?

Good to go.

don't mean to be a thread jacker so srry but.... can you have more than 10 nets if i have a dinghy on board and use both boats to fish? kind of a mini mothership operation?

Dont tempt the DFG. I think your asking for it big time. No lobster is worth that much in fines.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Found as many as 5 nets before at night, plus my own 10 (2 or more people onboard).
Everything found goes on top of the cabin strapped down.
If I get called out on them, and I have been, the F&L/DFL has had no issue
as I tell them I was mitigating a safety issue with them floating wildly around the harbor mouth.
I've also cut the ropes before, left the bridles with the nets, and stored them separately, checked, and no issues.
Yes it's best to practice only having 10 nets, but stuff happens.
5 & 3 makes a limit in my book, it's all relative IMHO, great trip!

Upvote 0

99moo

Nov 19, 2011
Beverly Hills / OC
Name
Chris
Boat
Dogger 2
I have ? For everyone with a opinion, if I have a 2 day permit & hoop 28nov11 6 pm. Till 11.59 pm. Get limits then hoop 12.01 am. 29nov11 till 3.00am. Does that not count as 2 days ???

Upvote 0

dkd711

Skunk Master...
Jun 7, 2008
Huntington Beach
Name
Duke
Boat
"WFO SKUNK"
I have ? For everyone with a opinion, if I have a 2 day permit & hoop 28nov11 6 pm. Till 11.59 pm. Get limits then hoop 12.01 am. 29nov11 till 3.00am. Does that not count as 2 days ???

You have to be away from port 12hrs each day, that's the easiest way to understand the Regs on multidays.

So for the times that you list is NO cuz you are only out 6 hrs day one and and 3 hrs day Two.

This is what I understand, if anyone knows otherwise please respond with more info.

Upvote 0

jarocho

Sep 8, 2006
san diego
Name
ben
Boat
17 ft, Seaswirl
I lost two due to engine trouble last week about half way between the OB pier and SD bay. I haven't had a chance to go out looking for them yet as I blew out my back too. Fortunately the motor is good to go. Just didn't want to risk roasting the motor for a few traps. One had a apple juice container for a float and yellow rope, the other I can't remember- probably a detergent container of some sort.

Thx,

Ben

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
You have to be away from port 12hrs each day, that's the easiest way to understand the Regs on multidays.

So for the times that you list is NO cuz you are only out 6 hrs day one and and 3 hrs day Two.

This is what I understand, if anyone knows otherwise please respond with more info.

Bullseye!

Upvote 0