good weather/ok fishing at cat.

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by monster1, May 1, 2007.

1. monster1

monster1 Typical striper owner

Name:
    Monster
    Boat:
    Yep
    went out on a 3/4 day trip on mon. we had about 16 anglers on the boat so it wasn't crowded. when we were heading out i noticed this japanese guy with five rods bungeed to the stern rail. i thought "what the fuck, this guy thinks he is going to hijack the whole stern." :104167739 i asked one of the regulars on the boat if the captain and crew would put up with that kind of horseshit and he said, "no." ok, left it alone. when we got to the island this same guy pulls out a bag of raw shrimp, baits up and proceeds to crowd anyone out around his spot. the excess rods were gone now exept for one right next to him. i said, "fuck it", so i fished right next to him and his rod left on the rail. despite hooking up some fish, i was getting tired of seeing this rod bungeed to the rail with nobody fishing it. i finally told him, "this rod is either going in the rack or in the water. i took the rod and put it in the rack, not wanting to just throw his custom seeker 196-8 in the water because of his stupidity. he started getting pissed but didn't say anything to me. he either didn't speak english, or he wanted to play stupid. i think he didn't speak english because i never heard him speak english the whole trip. as we were fishing, he was keeping every god damn fish he caught. he was putting 6" calicos in his sack. the crew caught onto this and when he tried to put another monster 6" cali' in his bag the captain said, "hey, you need to measure that fish!" the captain knew it was short but tried to give the guy an out. this idiot had the nerve to yell at the captain in japanese. the deckhand started in on this idiot and said, "we have rules in america!" i wish that guy knew what the deckhand said to him because it was priceless. we didn't see this guy fishing the rest of the trip so i guess he was pretty pissed. enough about this assfuck. the fishing was good for the time of year it is. the cali's were boiling on chum as well as some cudas and bonita. i actually got a jig strike(cuda) on a mint green tady 45. i farmed it a few seconds later but it was hooked up. the crew couldn't believe that i was fishing the iron this early in the season. i just told them that i was just practicing for the up coming season. they were pretty stokes when i hooked up though. lots of calicos, all you wanted blue perch, and a few sheephead. great day on the water. oh, yeah. one last thing about that assfuck. when we were heading in i notice that his rod that i put back on the rack had ALL the guide inserts busted out by someone(not me) when nobody was watching!! fucking priceless.

2. Sluester

Sluester I kill stuff

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    Amazing.:(

3. Stupidnewbie

Stupidnewbie Newbie

Name:
    Dan Camara
    Boat:
    17' Invader CC
    Was there any mention of "you shoot my guy?" I think I've talked to him...

4. monster1

Name:
    Monster
    Boat:
    Yep

i have read posts on this "you shoot my guy" thing. what is the inside joke on this. it's pretty funny even thought i don't know what the hell it means. please enlighten me!

5. MRFISHHEAD

MRFISHHEAD El Granjero

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    no boat
    You no tweeet may fadda lik dat! He lubs feching!! You atshole

6. Mischief

Mischief EST. 1980

Name:
    Lokey Kingfisher
    Boat:
    ODC 420,..
    damn what a dick, i was on the southern cal when some dude was trying to hide sculpins in his huge tackle box during the closed season for them, when the deckies caught on to this and told him to stop and threw back them scullys, he had the nerve to throw a hissy fit, what a punk,..

7. monster1

Name:
    Monster
    Boat:
    Yep

well, anyone? don't keep me in suspense!

8. skifisher

skifisher Newbie

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    Skipjack 24FB
    Sounds like the guys you see on the pier all the time are making it on the boats. I get really pissed when I see these jerks keeping bucket fulls of under sized fish!

9. tsurikichi

tsurikichi Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    10' 2 1/64"
    Hi monster 1,

Funny story! Fishing in Japan for over 30 years (big-time public, open-party-boat culture there too), I can't imagine where this guy got his ideas on rail territory. Can't believe he bought two tickets/spots.

It would have been fun to be on the boat as I made a point of learning how to speak (Kansai-ben) like the meanest mother of a yakuza a civilian would ever meet in their lives! Funny how even the drunks would get the heck out of dodge ... er .... a train car or two ...... when they tried to go into their I'm a sleepy drunk routine! :food-smil :food-smil

On the guides ... only a punk, coward would do that ....... 'out of sight of the guy'. If this had seen the event .... I'm sure he would have objected.

On the short fish .... unacceptable. Not to defend this guy .... yet Japanese will sometimes have up to 5 different names for the same fish depending on it's size (I say maturity). Little bit different mind set to only keeping a fish after it has reached a certain stage of maturity as is the US norm.

Atta boy on the mint green and the willingness to 'work' the iron just on the pretty-slim chance of a hook-up! Sounds like a decent trip outside of the entertainment!

Your story is in part why I have ridden the moo-moos (both in Japan and SoCal) for 40-plus years .... there's always something going on!!

I'm with you monster1, where did that phrase come from ... Kung Fu movie? ..... Jackie Chan?

thanks for the great story,

tsurikichi

10. blowboater

blowboater Fishing with Papa

Name:
    Joel
    Boat:
    35' cheoy lee - Sold
    Funny thing is - he probably wasn't even Japanese. I've seen a BUNCh of SE Asian guys (and gals too) on the piers keeping 2" fish for dinner.

Fishing in Japan about a year ago on a party boat I was amazed at the leetle bitty fish we kept. But, we ate em all.

I should post some pics of the Tokyo Tsukiji fish market. You wouldn't believe the TONS of fish that go thru there every day. Amazing.

My Japanese is pretty good and I'm polite and stay the hell outta the way of trucks and the guys working and I still got a few boney elbows in tight quarters from the old Japanese workers/fishermen. It made me laugh. The old guys were about the right size to punt across the tuna market but I was in their space so I just took pics of them and laughed.

Glad you helped him have a 'cultural experience'.

11. monster1

Name:
    Monster
    Boat:
    Yep
    i understand your point and i don't feel you are sticking up for the guy. if that is what goes on in japan so be it. it's their country and if they want to fish it out so be it. its no wonder they are fishing out their oceans. this guy probably thought he was in his right to keep such small fish which by japanese standards are probably concidered huge. no excuse if that is the case. if he knew better but didn't care, going to another country and trying to do as they do in your own country is wrong. if we did that there we would be labeled "the ugly american." if we say anything about a foriegner doing that here we are labeled "racist". not saying that anyone on this board has insenuated that, though. just burns my ass that some people do as they please regardless of where they are at.

12. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Sure is alot of Japanese & Raghead bashing going on recently here at BD. :rolleyes:

Glad the owners of BD are couple of good ole white boy rednecks or they might be fucking with some avatars. ;)

13. sapdawg11

sapdawg11 Newbie

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    15', malibu, x-factor
    dude, this guys is already fishing surface iron at catalina. amazing

14. beachbound

beachbound Newbie

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    None at this time

YOU SHOOT MY GUY is a reference from last year.. Another BDer had posted his outing and apparently over the VHF, he could hear an Obvious Asian Guy Yelling "YOU SHOOT MY GUY"!

Everyone had a good time with the Phrase, but no-one ever figured out if anyone got shot.

Summer is Upon us, So we will all see out there,, Just remember "DONT SHOOT MY GUY"! ;)

15. dutchboy

dutchboy Captain

Name:
    AL /AKA Dutch
    Boat:
    24' Wellcraft 'PREDITOR' HB, 40' Luhrs. Shelter Island SD
    No.. You shoot my guy first!

16. dutchboy

dutchboy Captain

Name:
    AL /AKA Dutch
    Boat:
    24' Wellcraft 'PREDITOR' HB, 40' Luhrs. Shelter Island SD
    We're ALL ugly American racists now. HELL WITH THE BASTARDS! Thanks to his kind I'm having a real hard time finding bluefin tuna in my own backyard. I think I saw his mom and dad at the pier filleting mackeral and sardines.:cussing:

17. liteliner

liteliner Newbie

Name:
    Peter
    Boat:
    Hobie Outback
    Kay Ive seen plenty of deckhands fill buckets full of six inch rockfish all day long and they werent japs. So japs arent the only ones who keep everything. Ive seen makos gaffed at the boat while eating someones fish. Ive seen guys keeping 15 albacore in mexican waters. I could go on for days and the thing is they werent japs. They were white. Sorry. Just wanted to let everyone know it isnt always SE asian people doing bull shizzy out there. How the hell do you even catch a two inch fish off the pier??? You must of been on some good stuff.......

18. monster1

Name:
    Monster
    Boat:
    Yep
    yeah, i already got the first jig strike of the season. as i said i was more practicing than fishing. but if the barries and bonies started to boil, wouldn't you have got the long rod out too?