Good to eat fish off of la

May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat
Fun Ones
70 years in the making... 70 years of of chemicals that alter endocrine, which kind of have control your sexual hormones that control behavior. So some male fishies may act like female fishies, and may not even produce viable young. Wonder how it’s affected the deep dwelling rockfish populations. Shame DTT also produces Dioxin, which is extremely poisonous.

I only see the benefit of more furbags with a more permanent on the beach.

See! You old farts slaying shit wasn’t the only thing that could have affected current fish populations.

ShadowX

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Let me guess. They found it in a "new" dump site that is not marked on any maps of course.

1618272431848.png

ShadowX

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
"Rumors of a massive chemical dumping ground have persisted in the scientific community for at least 30 years . . ." Funny how marking it on a chart can start a rumor going.

Next week they will have a story about a massive dump site for dredge material in San Pedro in this spot marked on the map too. Rumor is that Jimmy Hoffa's body is found there too.

1618281124203.png

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
meanwhile....... Scientists get another grant.
I bet just before the next funding dries up they find a possible location of Hoffa.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
"How is it that we are the first people to ever see this with our eyes?"

finding a specific 50 gallon barrel over 3000' deep in an area somewhere between SP & CI is sooooooooooooooo easy to find - especially for a professor @ UCSB who went down 3000' to see this with his own eyes.

Arent these the same barrels that other scientists have been reporting about finding annually for the past decade or so?

Reactions: Blackfish

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Certainly not surprising considering the crap that went on and although not in the same volume continues today.

Guess what Montrose (and others) did when they were told not to dump it down the drain anymore?

In another thread about it someone posted DDT has a half life of months underwater. Better do a little more research if you believe that.

If you think dumping that kind of shit in the ocean will not come back to haunt humans think again. And yes they knew DDT was pretty bad when they dumped it there. May hard to quantify the downside but it is certainly there...

Reactions: Chucker o’ Jigs