Offshore Good times on the Liberty 9-27

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
I went out on the Liberty yesterday for a full day with 40 anglers. Full boatload as the counts were up the 2 previous trips. This is a very clean boat and excellent fishing platform. The Captain, Taro, had 5 really good crew working the deck. Our first school was located west of the islands where we luckily found a school of 20 lb. bluefin that wanted to eat the sardine. I was very lucky and after butt hooking my sardine and dropping it overboard I hooked and landed 4 bluefin. I was using 35 lb Blackwater Florocarbon with a size 1 Owner offshore ringed hook. After an hour drift with close to 60 bluefin caught we moved further south. Our next school located was skipjack that turned into yellowfin. These fish were bigger some pushing 35 lbs. I was able to catch two on that stop. It was close to being wide open fishing. After awhile the bite died down and we started to look for another school. Taro searched for hours and Then Taro got on the speaker and told us to start breaking down our gear as we were headed to the dock and wanted to start cleaning fish. Just at that moment he said wait a minute. He just located another school. I immediately got my bait out and got that rushing feeling of the line racing off the reel, putting it and gear and then bendo!!! Overall it was an awesome trip with awesome weather. After having many skunk trips under my belt I really appreciated going out on the Liberty. Total count was over 150 tuna and around 25 skipjack……..Jughead……

14DA847C-66A6-4471-86B5-86CCD16A332E.jpeg

ACA7D441-8A99-4835-9FCE-5667A1AD2134.jpeg

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Spaghetti Madness
Can’t wait for this Saturday on the Liberty!!! Thanks for the report, sounds like an epic day

Upvote 0

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
Fortunately everybody for the most part worked together. The sides of the boat have a lot of room. There really wasn’t “that guy” that kept screwing up……except me….🥸

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    Nice report, i need a cigarette.

Upvote 0