GOOD old WFO days (1988) 1000+ YFT in one day!

dontfishenuff

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 5, 2007
Granada Hills
Name
Jeff
Boat
26 skipjack
Fiberglass rod, jig master, mono and 1cent mustad hook. If your lucky that might still work, nah the fish have changed. :rofl:

dan1

Feb 7, 2008
People's Republic of Kalifornia
Name
dan
Boat
At 8:08....."yawnnnnn, just another yellowfin", I think many of us would kill to yawn like that.

Sad to think nowadays when a boat comes home with 50 fish, we call that wide open.

I see nothing but cheap jigmasters and senators in that video, oh what have we become?

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
The more we spend on our gear the less we get.But....we are just a couple or el nino's away from that kind of bite again!

Produce Man

How you Bean ?
Jul 20, 2003
San Diego/Rolando Village
Name
Jay
Boat
14' Hewescraft
Quite a few Daiwa sealine silver fiberglass rods there. I still have and use mine.

Mikieb

May 8, 2011
Huntington Beach, Calif.
Name
Mike
Boat
Crash & Burn
You don't even have to go back that far for that kind of fishing, it will happen again.

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
You know, I've been in a few bites like that, three at least on yellowfin tuna, and one on 40lb albacore. The difference isn't how wide open the bite is, or the numbers of feeding tuna around the boat...the difference is in how many we choose (or are allowed) to take before driving away from the fish.

Personally, I would stay and fish all day, but after four or five of the little schoolies, I would be using 15lb line and releasing everything.