Good New, Bad News USC Fans

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BiggestT, Sep 30, 2017.

1. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Good news: Darnold will likely be back another year.

Bad News: Darnold will likely be back another year.

2. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Good news- the loss by the Trojans helps your boys.

Bad news- the Utes have to go play that pissed off team in a couple weeks:eek:

3. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    And it's a home game for Chuckie Darnold. But did you see all the players going out injured for SC?

Loved it when they said Ronald Jones ran a 10.37 in the 100 meters, cause Utah has a kid who ran a 10.13 to run him down.

4. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Darnold is making way to many mistakes so I am giving your Utes a good chance to go win that game.

5. tjohnson619

tjohnson619 Member

Name:
    tony
    Boat:
    assasin, 21 wellcraft coastal
    i think the utes will have to play a pissed of SC and if the offense is firing on all cylinders it will be though for anyone on the schedule to stop them. just have to quit the turnovers by darnold

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Member

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    none
    Yeah, it's tough when he loses his SECOND game in a year with a O-line that is completely injured. If they can block for him Darnold will get the job done.

7. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Everyone is nicked up at this point. Chuckie had 4 new OL in front of him to start the season, which is why I was dubious of his Heisman hype and of USC's Championship quest. Now SC's defense is looking quite suspect.

8. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    So let me see if I interprete these sentences correctly. Good news, bad news, good news, if looking through Utah colored glasses? How did I do bra?:D

The "everyone is nicked up" statement seems to overlook the fact that some teams have the talent depth to overcome those little nicks. While SC's defense has given up some points, they have done so against some pretty good teams. We cant say that about the Utes defense because well, they have yet to play a good team. Please tell us your assessment is not based on comparing apples to oranges, or night to day? Standing dubiously by.

9. invictus

invictus AVD

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    Ya man, they are definitely not firing on all cylinders. Season long plague of injuries on the O-Line not helping either, Darnold's getting happy feet. Pains me!!!

BiggestT likes this.
  10. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I realize you don't follow Utah in detail, but after 6 years of PAC 12 recruiting, they do have the depth at most positions. Prime example is the D Line where Utah has made a reputation for itself. Case in point, Stevie Tuikovalatu was a grad transfer from Utah to USC last year where he not only started but was the team leader on defenses and was the defensive MVP of the Rose Bowl. Stevie T was a walk on developed by Utah, where he got productive playing time but was 3 deep at nose tackle, so he transferred after graduating. That's how deep Utah is on defense now. The issue is that Utah is accustomed to rotating that depth on D to keep players fresh. They will be doing less of that.

Offense is still a work in progress. Tyler Huntley won the starting QB position over Troy Williams who won 9 games last year, including a win over USC where he tore his meniscus and played on that the rest of the season. It appears that Huntley will miss the Stanford game with a bruised shoulder/pectoral muscle and fracked rib. So Utah's back-up is a 9 win Troy Williams. 3rd string QB is Cooper Bateman, a grad transfer from Alabama. I'd say that Utah has some depth.

P.S. I did make the call on Darnold prone to TOs. USC lost to Utah last year due to 3 TOs and there should have been a 4th against Darnold when a hit from behind dislodged the ball, yet they called it a forward pass. I had a stll caption from the video of that play showing the ball coming out with his hand at his midsection. Pretty tough to call that a passing motion.

11. Troy

Troy Under the Radar

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Pez Loco
    No way Sam will be in college next year.