Good karma luck Kind of lurking around us so I picked up the bait and drove overtonight

PENN

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Beautiful afternoon couldn’t help myself so left the harbor around four, At the bait barge picking up sardines spied a beautiful brand new 2020 ranger center console looked to be around 19 or 20 feet lurking so picked up bait and drove over to chat, Turns out he just bought the boat and only had one hoop on him had no idea where to go so had him follow to the grounds and gave some basic info, he was out there to learn his boat and try hooping for the first time, Didn’t get any up but I ended up with five for the night and got to pass on information that was given to me from a fellow Bd’r 4 years ago not to mention meet a new friend. Never understood these guys that are all private about shit, it’s a big ocean out there I believe in passing on info especially to newcomers and really appreciate it when someone gives the same respect!

9F5126ED-7C06-4174-8893-9E5F94776588.jpeg A719488C-74EA-4C84-85E6-31261E51E729.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Beautiful afternoon
    Sick SUNSET last night, fully agree!
    got to pass on information that was given to me from a fellow Bd’r 4 years ago not to mention meet a new friend. Never understood these guys that are all private about shit, it’s a big ocean out there I believe in passing on info especially to newcomers and really appreciate it when someone gives the same respect!
    What goes around comes around, good juju aka karma!
    Nice job, I'd take 5 legals any night.

Last edited:
    Reactions: RodRage
    Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
    I think I the issue that I have at least with sharing stuff is sharing spots. I’m happy to pass info on to others, rigging, depth, bait, etc. but I refuse to share my spots, not because I’m a jerk, but because I don’t want those spots worked clean in 5 mins and to have everyone and their brothers cousin sitting there when I pull up. I keep a log of what I’ve pulled over the last few years and know which spots work well, so I guard that log like it’s a pot of gold :)

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    I think I the issue that I have at least with sharing stuff is sharing spots. I’m happy to pass info on to others, rigging, depth, bait, etc. but I refuse to share my spots, not because I’m a jerk, but because I don’t want those spots worked clean in 5 mins and to have everyone and their brothers cousin sitting there when I pull up. I keep a log of what I’ve pulled over the last few years and know which spots work well, so I guard that log like it’s a pot of gold :)
    I took him to the grounds not a spot, we did our first set together in one area While I explained the does and don’ts then moved on and we kept in touch by radio, I have a pocket full of spots I keep to myself

Last edited:
    Reactions: SeaAddict
    Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    Good for you!
    Those Rangers are really sweet.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Nice going their Mang I'll be out Friday nite give me a holler if your out and about.
    Yo Tony hope all is well, can’t make it Friday I’m working all weekend but running tomorrow night with my son-in-law and mechanic. Payback for him building that motor for me before Glen Helen, I got third in my class!

4DFE9D54-26DB-48E2-82A3-5310BC83D138.png 9709C4E9-592B-437D-B299-A1AB5950B71A.png C7457444-F48A-4C36-8E5F-01CD0987CECE.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    8A8696EC-C623-48A6-BD38-22A79434FF48.jpeg
    Congratulations what Class is that; All 2 Strokes? Any Huskys, CZs , Bultacos?
    They run the vintage class by years so the 90s go first then the 80s in the 70s and so on I believe our class is 76 through 84 or something like that, the first (Mono shocks) then all the CZ‘ Bull taco And other dual shock bikes go after, you would not believe how tricked out some of these guys have their old bikes they passed me like I was standing still F67B34B8-86E6-4AA6-9BDC-9B757CE43144.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Dhix43

Jul 7, 2016
    OC
    Name
    Derrick
    Boat
    Your’s.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge with others, on and off the water. I’m all for helping others learn and as mentioned, there’s plenty that can be shared without burning spots. I wish I ran into more guys like you when I first got into hooping. Moved down here from Humboldt a few years ago and thought lobster hooping would be as easy as crabbing for dungies. Boy was I wrong. 1 lobster our entire first season. But haven’t had a skunked trip since. Took a lot of trial and error and research on our end without any real help. And investment in right equipment. Tried picking guys brains at the ramps that first season and got a lot of laughs and BS. Point I’m trying to make is while it pays off to put in the effort, a few skunked trips will turn many guys off from pursuing the sport altogether. So I think it’s great to give some pointers here and there to keep those that are hesitant interested and our sport going.

We were out there last night too and ended up with 6 decent bugs. Got em both shallow and deep, but majority were shallow. Good luck tomorrow.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge with others, on and off the water. I’m all for helping others learn and as mentioned, there’s plenty that can be shared without burning spots. I wish I ran into more guys like you when I first got into hooping. Moved down here from Humboldt a few years ago and thought lobster hooping would be as easy as crabbing for dungies. Boy was I wrong. 1 lobster our entire first season. But haven’t had a skunked trip since. Took a lot of trial and error and research on our end without any real help. And investment in right equipment. Tried picking guys brains at the ramps that first season and got a lot of laughs and BS. Point I’m trying to make is while it pays off to put in the effort, a few skunked trips will turn many guys off from pursuing the sport altogether. So I think it’s great to give some pointers here and there to keep those that are hesitant interested and our sport going.

We were out there last night too and ended up with 6 decent bugs. Got em both shallow and deep, but majority were shallow. Good luck tomorrow.
    Welcome to Bloody Decks and Congrats on the six that’s a good night for LB lately, when I first joined the site I was green I knew nothing about hooping and had no cred here, posted up a thread asking and had crickets until one member shot me a PM with the basic places to try in the harbor and a week or two later we met up for a buddy boat trip where we got our first bug and I’ll never forget he was nearby watching my partner Waxer jump around got on the radio and said somebody’s doing the “LOBSTER DANCE” haaaa

rr23.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker