Good Friday

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
Valley Center, CA
Name
John
Boat
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
I was supposed to have taken my boat out today but my friend wanted to give it another day. So, I headed up to Palomar Mountain and set up my lone hen decoy and vowed not to call very much. I stuck to my plan. I thought if a bird were to come in then I would be able to stay calm and not have my heart beat a 1000 beats per minute. Yeah, right! Jake shows up at around 10:00am. He looks around and sees my decoy and lines up. I drop hit him at about 12 yards out. Clean kill. This was on public land, which made it even more special. Dressed the bird out and dropped him off to get smoked. It was a great day for more than just the turkey. Have a Great Easter.

John Segoria
Valley Center, CA

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    :appl:

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
    Very Nice!!!!
    I'll be back at them next weekend!!!!!

Upvote 0

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
    Valley Center, CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    Thanks guys! It was definetly a special bird. Those birds just get so hammered on public land. I am still on cloud nine. It was only my second day out this season and I set up less than a half mile from where I parked my truck. I heard him earlier in the morning but I really did not think I could get him to come all the way over to where I was at. I really think the key was not to call very much at all. I wish all of you guys good luck in your pursuit of our wild turkeys as well. Go get em.

John Segoria
    Valley Center

Upvote 0