Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
Fully hidden and blowing a wounded rabbit squealer call I have had 5 of those things circling me looking for the rabbit. They come on a full run when they hear that call. Use to run into them all the time while pig hunting near Paso Robles...

Upvote 0

GClev

Newbie for Life
Nov 21, 2015
LA County
Name
Gary C
Boat Name
HMS Hotspur
@sealskinner If I could shoot coyotes like the title of the video, I'd make a coat. Instead, we shoot mangy desert rats that aren't worth skinning. Nasty things carry more than 20 different diseases and parasites. No coyote has ever been recovered by a biologist from the wild and studied that has not been infected by something.

LA County is shotgun only. No rifles outside the national forest.

Onyx Triple.jpg

No limits, no season, bring lot's of ammo...
One of the few animals you can hunt legally with a spotlight in CA as long as you're in the spotlight zone. No recovery required either. Have you ever had one sniff your boots?

I left a dead coyote in the backyard one night. The next day the head and a front quarter were gone. It looked like it had been cleanly cut off with a scalpel by a surgeon.

Coyote hunting produces some the most spectacular misses and blown shots. You see some really weird shit in the desert too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
Never had one sniff my boots before. I left one in the field one time and when I came back the next morning there was a huge eagle standing on the carcass. Looked to be 3 feet tall. As I approached that eagle did not back down and was not giving up its meal...

Caught a coyote once on a golf course with a rod and reel. Really took some line but that is a whole different story...LOL

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
^^^^ Yes....but it was running like it had six legs. Adapt and overcome....

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
Wild animals are tough. No hospitals out there.

This hog had broken its leg and drug it's hoof deforming it. Eventually the bone fused and created a big bone mass in its leg. This thing came running at me full speed and I had no idea of the old injury until I stopped it...

111_1126C.jpg
111_1127B.jpg

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat Name
None
This one squared off on me and was staring me down when I pulled up offhand with my .270 and dropped it where it stood. I did not know that I had shot it through it's eye until I walked up on it. The slug traveled through the skull, along the spine and stopped at the rear ham and was recovered perfectly mushroomed.

Needless to say it never took a step...

Scanned Photos 051B.jpg

Reactions: marlyn and One_Leg
Upvote 0