jochi

chance favors the prepared mind
May 31, 2006
central coast, california
Name
robb
Boat
22' cc mckee craft
that's a switch...when we were going down the big rigs were passing US at the speed bumps in front of the cops.......

El Hefe

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 20, 2006
Torrance CA. / San Quintin BCN. Mex.
Name
Jeff Sterr
Boat
22' Amato Panga
I got stopped at the northend of Camalu. I went around a slow moving truck at the Topes. One of those new blue Dodge Chargers the Federal Camino Cops drive pulled me over. he checked my license and registation. told me what I did wrong,gave me a warning and sent me on my way. that was fair of him.

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
I got stopped at the northend of Camalu. I went around a slow moving truck at the Topes. One of those new blue Dodge Chargers the Federal Camino Cops drive pulled me over. he checked my license and registation. told me what I did wrong,gave me a warning and sent me on my way. that was fair of him.
Just another example that says you shouldn't always assume the worst of these guys. Many are just trying to do their job, and in some areas, it is getting better. I've had my share up good cop, bad cop experiences stateside too.

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Speed limit on the highways down there is 55, through towns maybe 20... if you get caught, it's not because there aren't enough signs... I've paid my share of mordida down south and in most cases could have been arrested or given a ticket for big bucks and insurance increases up here for the same offense... I'm not complaining...

BloodyHooker

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 26, 2008
CA
Name
Boat
Rockharbor SC
This is a little alarming to me. Honest cops doing the decent thing? WTF? I always thought of Mexican cops as dependably corrupt. Maybe still in the border areas. I guess I have to adjust my attitude and lead boots these days.

Just a side note. Maybe now that less and less Americans are going down, the few of us that are going down should make a conscious effort to put our best foot forward. Not to say that we don't already. But now that there are less gringos we can begin to change the perception of American visitors. Mexico is a special place and I, for one, want to keep it that way.

4baja

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 3, 2007
morro bay, bahia de los angelas
Name
steve mcgill
Boat
22, robalo, 4baja
actually gill marlin there are plenty of places that are marked 110 kph wich = about 66mph. we do speed when the speed limits seem redicules but allways safe. leaveing wensday and cant wait!!!

swizler

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2006
Local pub
Name
Jay
Boat
27 custom
My buddies two weeks ago were riding to the sky ranch when a guy jumped out of the bushes and shot the first rider in the chest, thanks to there sat phone and life flight he is going to make it. You guys watch yourself down there. For me I'm over it.