Good Cop in Baja

baaadlybent

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 5, 2006
Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
Just returned from working on the property at LA Bay. I'm hauling ass trying to get home by midnight last night, going through the little village just south of San Quintin before heading up towards El Rosario. It's the one with the small topes that cause you to slow thinking there will be a big one, but there isn't. Anyways, a big rig has slowed for the topes so I hop in the left lane and pass him and there's a policia sitting right there watching. Busted! I was moving pretty fast in the Excursion. He pulls me over, I'm thinking I'm f'd for at least $50. He walks up to my window, sticks his hand out to shake, says hi, and tells me to slow down. Another hand shake and he's gone. WTF! That's why I love Baja. In the US my stupid ass would be sitting in traffic school with a bunch of bimbos telling their frigging life stories and me out of $300. Baja's all right by me.

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Great story!

Was there much damage at your place from the flood?

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
nice to hear a good story,that guy deserves a pat on the back

Jaydog

Jul 18, 2005
San Diego
Name
Jay
Boat
Mako 19'
In my opinion a good cop would have given you a ticket and a bad cop would have kicked your ass for driving like an asshole through town. Slow down before you hurt someone or yourself.

stroky

Kook
May 23, 2006
clairemont
Name
Mike
Boat
scooner
there is a first and a last for everything, he probably just shook down the guy in front of you for $100

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
Did he forget to shoot or rob you?

:D

Good to hear some old Baja is still around.

captainpound

Cow Town Addict
Sep 17, 2004
Chula Vista/La Cruz
Name
Peter
Boat
32' Blackfin "Maya", 23' Neptune "Captain Pound"
Doug, glad to hear you got off scott free, Did you get to fish at all? Solo trip?

BloodyHooker

Aug 26, 2008
CA
Name
Boat
Rockharbor SC
Seems fishy to me. Maybe that cop was just too tired from burying decapitated bodies all night, and didn't feel like writing tickets.

Also, maybe it was the old stink palm trick! Smell your fingers... ummmm butterscotch!

GUERO

Mansfield to Alijos......
Oct 24, 2004
9210B
Name
Big Girl, AKA, Miss March
Boat
Pinnacle Sportfishing
In my opinion a good cop would have given you a ticket and a bad cop would have kicked your ass for driving like an asshole through town. Slow down before you hurt someone or yourself.
easy jaydog!! sometimes we all go a little to fast for the area. right on doug.
of all the places to haul ass, that aint one of them

Jaydog

Jul 18, 2005
San Diego
Name
Jay
Boat
Mako 19'
of all the places to haul ass, that aint one of them
Yeah I aint no goody two shoes. The guy just had one of the best stretches in all of Baja to speed on prior to town (miles and miles of straight away along the beach after the mountain pass), is that not enough that you have to fly over the topes and make an illegal pass in Town?

baaadlybent

Sep 5, 2006
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
No flood damage, just an inch or two of mud/sand on the concrete. Nothing a shovel won't fix. It was supposed to be a four day trip but the wind and dust came up strong on Sunday so I bailed. The only fishing I did was on the beach throwing plastics for the spotties, which was a fish a cast every time I tried. Biggest was 14" and 1 1/2 pounds. I can do that all day long. Fun stuff. Never put the boat in because I was committed to work and with the boat in the water I would have gotten nothing accomplished in camp.

FrankO

Oct 30, 2006
San Diego
Name
F
Boat
14' Gregor
That's funny. What, that "town" is about 3 houses, a taco stand, a tienda and visibility forever?

fishshirts

Mar 12, 2005
La jolla, CA
Name
Doug Moranville
Boat
Cabo 216 Stroker V
He is just trying to pass on some good reports about a cop who gave him some slack in Baja. Pump your brakes boys!!!

Jaydog

Jul 18, 2005
San Diego
Name
Jay
Boat
Mako 19'
He is just trying to pass on some good reports about a cop who gave him some slack in Baja. Pump your brakes boys!!!
Yeah yeah I agree and I'm stoked the cop was cool. Just a reminder that Baja is a special place for many of us that spend alot of time down there we don't need crazy fucking Americans flying through towns and passing semis while hopping the mini topes. Shit.

Just for the record there are plenty of cool cops in Baja. From the different shifts that move through San Juanico and down to Cabo I have met and had a good o'l time with many good cops.

baaadlybent

Sep 5, 2006
Name
Doug
Boat
Damn Jaydog. What's the deal? Now I'm a crazy fucking american? The Web kills me how you can talk shit that you would never have the huevos to do in person. Time to chill. If I was doing anything stupid dangerous the cop would have had me. Give it a break. Cya.

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Yeah yeah I agree and I'm stoked the cop was cool. Just a reminder that Baja is a special place for many of us that spend alot of time down there we don't need crazy fucking Americans flying through towns and passing semis while hopping the mini topes. Shit.

Just for the record there are plenty of cool cops in Baja. From the different shifts that move through San Juanico and down to Cabo I have met and had a good o'l time with many good cops.
Geez Jaydog. I know the real estate biz in tough in San Diego these days, but ease up a bit. Not like the guy ran over your pooch or something. I'm sure if he'd been acting anything like your characterization, he'd have paid the piper.

pfish

Sep 20, 2004
leucadia
Name
Pfish
Boat
23 Parker
I don't think this is unusual as of late. I was down in LA Bay and San Quentin four times in Sept/Aug and never had to get out of my car at the federal inspection points. They just waived us through. My guess is they are trying to put on a good face in light of the fact there are not too many gringos going down there right now.