killerfin

You fight like a girl !!!
Sep 6, 2006
santa ana
Name
Felipe
Boat
Your Mama
I am looking to go to puertecitos or Gonzaga. To do some shore fishing anybody have any fishing reports? And how is the road going down there and crime? Thanks in advance guys

FRANK AGUILAR

Jun 16, 2017
Chino, CA
Name
FRANK AGUILAR
Boat
FRANK AGUILAR
I am heading there in Friday to fish into next week. We are headed to Gonzaga but I can't seem to find any GPS coordinates. As far as shore fishing if you to Rio Grande (it the store on the side of the road heading to Gonazaga Bay) they can tell you of some good spots.

2GORDOS

Aug 3, 2007
EL CENTRO
Name
ALEJANDRO SALAZAR
Boat
22 CENTURY,REEL NICE
WE are leaving on Sunday. Gonna stay at Tano’s camp at huerfanito. As for shore fishing, looks for a way down to the shore on the road south of puertecitos and go for it.

pvmarlin

Aquaholic, Need Vitamin Sea
Dec 20, 2004
Magdalena Bay - SLC
magbaylures.com
Name
Toby
Boat
36' ProKat
I am looking to go to puertecitos or Gonzaga. To do some shore fishing anybody have any fishing reports? And how is the road going down there and crime? Thanks in advance guys
road is awesome until last 50 to connect back over, to puertocitos and gonzaga you are golden on a beautiful rd. Not sure how the fishing is.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
a

bajachaser

May 11, 2007
Ensenada, Punta Banda, Baja Calif.
Name
Bruce
Boat
small tin boat
Just came back from Gonzaga on Wednesday. Decent action on Sierra Mackerel, Triggers, football YT, Cabrilla, Corbina, some decent pinkish rock fish - not sure what they're called.

Reactions: jsl

2GORDOS

Aug 3, 2007
EL CENTRO
Name
ALEJANDRO SALAZAR
Boat
22 CENTURY,REEL NICE
F93233F0-BAA6-45C6-BF78-4BE0185C26DF.jpeg
R
DD753FF2-59A1-449E-A254-A69DDB62FB45.jpeg
D9F991A9-6E7D-4254-939A-762DF7A38703.jpeg
Just came back from Gonzaga on Wednesday. Decent action on Sierra Mackerel, Triggers, football YT, Cabrilla, Corbina, some decent pinkish rock fish - not sure what they're called.
Huachinango. Red snapper or at least that’s we thought they were. We just got back yesterday. We’re able to launch 4 days in a row. My buddy killed it. Me not so much. Fish just didn’t want my offerings seemed like all in all great trip. That’s my bud with the cabrilla

Reactions: Beer Goggles

Peztengo

Tunacreek
Jun 14, 2014
Orange
Name
Pêlon
Boat
Peztengo/Custom Panga/Cuddy
Just got back Friday
Fishin was good most likely because the weather was excellent. Easy drive!
No excuses just go!
The only bandits were the camp dogs first night ate are steaks burgers bacon all gone!
November is our new time of year
Last month very crowded

Beer Goggles

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 9, 2007
Trabuco Canyon CA
Name
O
Boat
The Snapper Slapper
Those are the perfect sized pargo to gut and scale and just fry up whole. Tastes amazing... When we would invite our captains to dinner they would fight over who got to suck the fish eyeball out - they loved eating the eyeball- nothing goes to waste!

If someone has a good panga captain in Gozaga or Puerticitos can you PM or post it on the open thread? Maybe captain, contact info,and price if it's not asking too much...might run down next week depending on the wind/weather reports.

Reactions: 2GORDOS

Snagster

Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles CA USA
Name
Bret
Boat
12' Gamefisher
I believe those are Spotted Rose Snapper.
very tasty indeed

https://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/factsheet.aspx?SpeciesID=773

Also for a Panga, go to Rancho Grande and ask for "Chicken" or "Pollo".
He answers to both. He runs a tiller drive, bare bones panga. Bring all your own gear. He knows the area well as he is usually a scallop diver. Super nice guy, speaks little english, and gave us fun day last year. I think we paid him $250.

2GORDOS

Aug 3, 2007
EL CENTRO
Name
ALEJANDRO SALAZAR
Boat
22 CENTURY,REEL NICE
Those are the perfect sized pargo to gut and scale and just fry up whole. Tastes amazing... When we would invite our captains to dinner they would fight over who got to suck the fish eyeball out - they loved eating the eyeball- nothing goes to waste!

If someone has a good panga captain in Gozaga or Puerticitos can you PM or post it on the open thread? Maybe captain, contact info,and price if it's not asking too much...might run down next week depending on the wind/weather reports.
Juan Pablo. He had his own camp near Gonzaga. Sorry I don’t have his number. ILL try to get it for you.

nordic flyer

Feb 18, 2008
Hunt Bch
Name
Dain
Boat
30' PROLINE Hunt Bch 26' boat San Felipe MX

nordic flyer

Feb 18, 2008
Hunt Bch
Name
Dain
Boat
30' PROLINE Hunt Bch 26' boat San Felipe MX
There is a great panga captain in Puertocitos his name is Nadie His house is at the north end of the runway. He is great! He is reasonable and very experienced.