PENN

chef gabe

Eat the collars!
Aug 23, 2014
Dana Point
Name
Gabe
Boat
Aqua Pazza (translates to Crazy Water and this is the name of an Italian Fishermans Stew)
Gents and Ladies...just hopped from 267/79 down and out from O-side, back to about 12-14 off the domes then into Box Canyon. Stopped on 10+ paddies offshore. Dropped down deep at the box. Kept 2 rats about 5 lbs for dinner and a token rockfish. Lot's of chatter on 72 about "no one home." Wind got ugly and went back to the dana barn. If you are thinking of going out tomorrow...go!!!! You just never know:)

Upvote 0

fishfreak88

Apr 19, 2012
Cardiff, Ca US
Name
Rich
Boat
15' Gregor Baja Special
i went out today as well. stayed within 10 of the coast up toward the barn. found a small kelp island outside those large ships off the barn kelp...only sot we had all day and pulled the hook. nice dorado. other than that, seemed slow as shit. but calico fishing was epic before we made out way home.

Reactions: peterc
Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
That area was good six days ago...

Reactions: kimono
Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    I heard the Fat lady HUMMING.
    We launched out of Oceanside about 6:00 this morning got a nice scoop of deans and headed SW. 71 degree water most of the way.
    Ran across 3 huge paddies about 12 miles out with "Micro Tails" when they grow up next year they will be rats. They were less than a pound. We caught 8 (all released) and with nothing of size around we moved on. Found several other paddies one had little baby yellows about 6" long but no quality fish off shore. We headed to Del Mar and fished the kelp for 1 Bonita, 25 Calicos, 4 18" Cuda, and about a thousand macks. Very lumpy ride back up to Oceanside.Home to Temecula by 4:00

I hope you are right Max and it's not over yet.

Upvote 0

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
    Jul 11, 2004
    San Diego
    www.lawrenceshea.com
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    Your Cabo
    Seems like the thick Dodos have been moving up from the 213 to 390 to the Knoll to the 371 for the last two weeks. Yesterday we got into them closer to SD than they were even the day before. Wahoo are still filtering in. Can't know for sure what's up until the low passes through and the water stabilizes again. This didn't seem strong enough to change the conditions. I have had great trips into early November many years and this Summer was warmer than any I can remember so why not this year?

Upvote 0

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
    Jul 14, 2004
    Alta Loma/Huntington
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    WWW - 25’ Proline
    Same results today for us. 8 lb yellow, down to trout sized. Pulled marauders all over from DP- domes, 267. No love. Lots of nice paddies, just no quality out there today.

Reactions: cboy1
    Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Ive stayed home the last few weekends.There are fish out there still,justb have to do some hunting.

Reactions: Riff Raff 527
    Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    a fish killing center console
    just a lull in the action.....I think after this windy weekend, its back to game on...... :D

.....stay thirsty, my friends. :)

read my other post for yesterday. they're not gone and totally unaffected by the shitty weather. we slaughtered em yesterday. vacuum sealing obscene amount of meat right now.

Upvote 0