Gomexus 50 & 80

ACran1

Sep 4, 2017
Kaneohe
Name
Alex
Boat
23' AquaSport
Has anyone had experience with these reels? I’m really thinking about buying 1 80w and 2 50w’s but I can’t bring myself to pull the trigger because of the lack of info or thorough reviews. Amazon reviews seem decent but those are subject to false reports from paid shoppers

Explorer1

Almost A Member
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
No way I will drop that kind of coin on a product that’s not proven. Less than $100 (comparing both 30W) more I can get a trusted/proven reel that I know parts and service will be there when I need them (for eg Avet 30EX). There are things that I don’t like about it but at least it’s been proven over and over again(long range reports) it can land cows after cows without missing a beat. Till they get to the “proven point”, buying a couple of power knobs would be as far as I would go.... sorry if that’s not what you want to hear.

just saying :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
I have a friend who bought the 50W. Out of the box, smooth drag, nice free spool. He used it as a trolling reel on party boats and as a flatfall set up. It landed a couple of fish. It lasted 2 trips before salt intrusion froze it up. The bearings were shot.

IMHO, there are places you can save money in this sport. But for offshore gear, the reel is not one of them.

Reactions: Explorer1
Upvote 0