Gold Beach Shore Fishing

suaf

Sep 8, 2003
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Reel With It!, 23ft Sport Craft
I'll be in Gold Beach for about 10 days in mid-August visiting from San Diego to help a family member recover from a surgery but that won't be a full time event. I have a couple of salmon trips on the Rogue scheduled but will have more time to kill. I thought I'd try some shore fishing along the stretch from Otter Point down to where I'll be staying, about 2 miles south of Otter Point on the ocean shore. Can anyone lend some advice or guidance on if the shore fishing is any good from where I'm staying up to Otter Point, what I might catch, gear, bait, etc? Any tips, guidance, suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

K-Dogg
K-Dogg
My tip would be to cast spinners for chinook salmon from the shoreline either on the sand bar spit if it isn’t dredged this summer or the north jetty. You’re going to see +/- 100 boats in a 1-2 mile stretch just below/above the 101 bridge hammering kings just over the bar.

Stop by Rogue Outdoor Store in Gold Beach and they’ll get you setup for the fishery.
Upvote 0

curtisD

Almost A Member
Mar 18, 2009
Or
www.yahoo.com
Name
curt
Boat
43 Delta
I know absolutely nothing about that stretch. One thing I do know is if you can identify any pull outs along Hwy 101 that puts you close to deep water and without fear of getting swept out by white water. Any 1 ounce paddle tail/swim bait will provide fish. Guaranteed

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Good Luck shore fishing and report back. I too am recovering
    from Thumb joint fusion Surgery in a cast. Catch 1 for me. LOL

Upvote 0

suaf

Sep 8, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Reel With It!, 23ft Sport Craft
    Thanks guys for the info and encouragement. I'll definitely stop by Rogue Outdoor Store to see what they recommend. My mom is getting me a rod / reel from one of her friends but I don't know what it's going to be. Might have to quickly invest in a travel rod setup. I will report back after or during the trip if I can make anything happen.

-Scott

Reactions: K-Dogg
    Upvote 0