Going to Cabo by myself.

Jim55

Feb 21, 2020
Imperial Beach, CA
Name
Jim Lindsey
Boat
no boat
Has anyone tried Cabo Fishing Lovers charter for Marlin? I'm going by myself in the fall and can't afford the $600+ price tag for a cruiser. Any suggestions? Anyone want to share a boat?

finfan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 2, 2005
San Diego
Name
STEVEN
Boat
32' Blackfin FB
red rum has a share board and trip advisor at times has people looking to share. Whate dates are you fishing? I go down sometimes by myself. and share a boat.

Jim55

Feb 21, 2020
Imperial Beach, CA
Name
Jim Lindsey
Boat
no boat
I'm retired so available anytime. FYI I've never gone Marlin fishing though it's been on my bucket list for a long time. Grew up in San Diego so I've caught my share of yellowtail, albacore, yellowfin, mahi mahi.

Jim55

Feb 21, 2020
Imperial Beach, CA
Name
Jim Lindsey
Boat
no boat
Sure, as long as it can take is to where the Marlin are. The tradeoff seems to be money vrs more lines in the water. Would having a fish finder be an advantage?

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
If the weather is good, super oranges can easily get to where there are marlin. Plus you could probably afford to fish a couple days on a panga.

finfan

Aug 2, 2005
San Diego
Name
STEVEN
Boat
32' Blackfin FB
my experience is that if you are targeting marlin your chances increase in a cruiser vs panga, not saying it cant be done its just seems you get more chances
marlin fishing is trolling and sight fishing so a fish finder i
down there doesn't give you an advantage

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
When I had dough i used to go alone all the time...had a panga and a great skipper that would come down to the melia and pick me up there so i could avoid the cab ride and the hassle of the harbor.. things were much cheaper then but had some of the best trips of my life then...miss it alot ..

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Look up Jamie Gonzales. Fished with him a few times. You will be very pleased.

Pescador Paul

Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
Since it's my first time, it would be nice to have a deck hand around. Are those dredge teasers effective?
The dredge teasers are definitely effective. Renegade Mike was pulling one when I was there in early February and it did seem to help raise fish.

Paul