tsutton

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 5, 2008
LAKESIDE
Name
troy sutton
Boat
20 seapro
Gents. Heading down to Daggets August 6. What's the deal with the check points. Will they let us through with a truck full of fishing gear and Beer.🤣. I'm seeing that some guys have no issues and others are being asked for proof of residency. Any info is appreciated.

Reactions: repo805

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
It’s hit or miss I think?
my buddy ahead of me made it through with out papers but the policia stopped me fifteen feet thru the check point and turned us around.
good luck.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

tsutton

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 5, 2008
LAKESIDE
Name
troy sutton
Boat
20 seapro
my buddy ahead of me made it through with out papers but the policia stopped me fifteen feet thru the check point and turned us around.
good luck.
That's what I'm worried about. Were probably going to have 3 trucks heading down. Hope it works out. Thanks for the info.

denis

Deadhead lures Owner
Mar 2, 2006
Colorado
Name
denis
Boat
deadhead luees
I’d contact daggets for last minute info. I was just there fishing’s awesome. U can check out capt juans report

zarandiado

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 17, 2007
Whittier
Name
Felipe
Boat
none
good luck.
San Felipe military check point ? what time ?

Beer Goggles

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 9, 2007
Trabuco Canyon CA
Name
O
Boat
The Snapper Slapper
Im heading down on weds (15th I think?). I have an electric bill in our name. You might want to talk to your hotel/captain and see if they can hook you up with an electric bill. I'm stashing 120 beers in a locking drawer under my back seat. I'm bringing 15 extra gallons of diesel. I'm leaving south OC at 2am- just to get through the SF checkpoint before 8 am. Im gonna try real hard to get there but won't be shocked if we get turned around. If we do I'm heading straight to Adelita's to see if they are open !!! It's either gonna be Bola Yellowtail or TJ Tuna- we will see.

Fish Asassin

one cast = one kill
May 16, 2012
San Diego / Baja
Name
Fred Garvin
Boat
U.S.S. Mobile (LKA 115)
Im heading down on weds (15th I think?). I have an electric bill in our name. You might want to talk to your hotel/captain and see if they can hook you up with an electric bill. I'm stashing 120 beers in a locking drawer under my back seat. I'm bringing 15 extra gallons of diesel. I'm leaving south OC at 2am- just to get through the SF checkpoint before 8 am. Im gonna try real hard to get there but won't be shocked if we get turned around. If we do I'm heading straight to Adelita's to see if they are open !!! It's either gonna be Bola Yellowtail or TJ Tuna- we will see.
Adelita's closed Hong Kong too.

Reactions: Beer Goggles

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
San Felipe about 7:30am

baaadlybent

Sep 5, 2006
Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
Just returned from two weeks at the Bay. No problem whatsoever. Went the 5 via Mexicali. In fact, the customs guy at the crossing was super helpful getting the visa. The checkpoint north of San Felipe was no problem. But we did tell them we live in the Bay but they never asked for proof. My rods go in a PVC pipe so are relatively invisible. But still, no problema. They seemed more concerned about bringing beer and liquor than anything else. The town is adamant about wearing masks. Be polite and they are fine with you. The town is pretty much empty. Hardly any gringos and relatively few boats on the water. Lots of yellows.

Apr 15, 2014
Name
Mr. Pants
Boat
None
Just returned from two weeks at the Bay. No problem whatsoever. Went the 5 via Mexicali. In fact, the customs guy at the crossing was super helpful getting the visa. The checkpoint north of San Felipe was no problem. But we did tell them we live in the Bay but they never asked for proof. My rods go in a PVC pipe so are relatively invisible. But still, no problema. They seemed more concerned about bringing beer and liquor than anything else. The town is adamant about wearing masks. Be polite and they are fine with you. The town is pretty much empty. Hardly any gringos and relatively few boats on the water. Lots of yellows.
Thanks for the report. We've got a trip planned in 2 weeks and were *thinking* of trailering our CC. Anybody taken a boat down lately?

alwaysbendo

Jun 28, 2007
El segundo
Name
Vinnnnn
Boat
23' seacraft
I was down there a couple weeks ago there there was a good amount of trailed boats down there

Dogman619

Nov 6, 2012
Bahia de los Angeles. Spring Valley
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
Towed down last Tuesday, no problems. Had to show a lease at sf checkpoint. No problems.
New small military checkpoint between Gonzaga and 1. Blew by them the way down along with everyone else that was there this weekend. But. Way back they had it set up now with cones, 2 trucks, and about 6 guys. Guy said they're looking for totuaba.
If you run your own boat down there do not mess with the nets or if you see a stash of gas and coolers in any cove dont touch it. The poachers are thick down there right now. Our boat was followed out both days by old school panga, running 2 strokes, captain said they were the poachers.. just a heads up.

james760

Apr 15, 2018
Indio, CA
Name
James
Boat
None
I am planning on heading down in a week. Has anyone heard of restrictions on the number of passengers in a vehicle?