🧜🏼‍♂️ LiQUiD [email protected]ИN 🧜🏼‍♂️
Apr 23, 2017
Pleasant Hill
Name
oceansprint
Boat
LiQUiD [email protected]И
Hello there,

I think this is my first post on this forum, and I see a lot of great info and fishing diehards. A shut out to East Bay, I know there are a few lurkers around here, so it's happening baby, yeahhh!!!

Well, after going on several 2-3 day trips from SD, still yet to get over #100 mark, decided to see other options. Of course quite a few LR trips available, but this came in just in time, so it's time to make it happen!!!

I hear it's all bait fishing and rods and reels provided. I do have some gear I'd like to bring with, aside from terminal tackle, which I think got covered per web site suggestion.

Is there any top water popping or jigging possible/recommended on this trip? Any Stick baits, wahoo bombs, trolling lures? It seems quite a bit to consider for travel and accommodations.

So it would be very kind of you salty dogs to chime in, I'd appreciate it a bunch!

Tight Lines!

vegasandre

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
At times in PV there is a top water bite -bring the 100lb . Capt Keith likes to throw the popper a lot.

At some other times there is a good PL68/Glow Jig bite during the pre dawn hours.

Mainly it is a kite/ballon with Cabbies and sinker rigs with Squid bite.then the occasional very long soak on flylined cabbies. The boat has all the bait rigs you will need.

If you want to bring the popping gear, just make sure you have the right stuff- Stella with 100lb etc.... Heru skipjacks and RonZ's have caught fish down there.

No mattter- you will have a great time. Try to go on the longer trip 3.5-4.5 days as you will have more time in the zone.

Also the resort/marina where the boat is docked in Class A... great place for R and R ...

Lundalakan

Sep 29, 2016
Socal, Poway
Name
Lou
Boat
Lund alaskan
It's real hard to get a 100 lb yellowfin on 2 or 3 day trips it of SD. Up your length to 10 days and you got a real real good chance!
PV is great too, better chance on a shorter trip.

PATYMELTER1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 31, 2014
PLEASANTON, CA.
Name
PATRICK
Boat
SECOND CHANCE
Hello there,

I think this is my first post on this forum, and I see a lot of great info and fishing diehards. A shut out to East Bay, I know there are a few lurkers around here, so it's happening baby, yeahhh!!!

Well, after going on several 2-3 day trips from SD, still yet to get over #100 mark, decided to see other options. Of course quite a few LR trips available, but this came in just in time, so it's time to make it happen!!!

I hear it's all bait fishing and rods and reels provided. I do have some gear I'd like to bring with, aside from terminal tackle, which I think got covered per web site suggestion.

Is there any top water popping or jigging possible/recommended on this trip? Any Stick baits, wahoo bombs, trolling lures? It seems quite a bit to consider for travel and accommodations.

So it would be very kind of you salty dogs to chime in, I'd appreciate it a bunch!

Tight Lines!
Best of luck! Hope you give us a report when you get back.

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
Bring plenty of cash rods and Reels you will be charged for

oceansprint

🧜🏼‍♂️ LiQUiD [email protected]ИN 🧜🏼‍♂️
Apr 23, 2017
Pleasant Hill
Name
oceansprint
Boat
LiQUiD [email protected]И
Here is the report guys:

20 YFT were caught in 3 days for 13 guys.

7 cows #201 to #253

Most fish caught on balloons/kite with squid or cabbies, we had second day jackpot on PL68, and several fly-lined fish.

1 squid sinker soak fish got away long distance at double hook up, 1 popper fish pulled the popper split ring, and another popper fish came unbuttoned after 10 min in after stripping a mile of line.

Lots of personal bests were made, and new members of cowtown on the roll now.

I was lucky to have a first pick from the hat, and surely picked up #13 to observe and learn with patience.

It was quite rewarding to get my personal best on a balloon squid rig day 3 (lost one on popper day 2), and that fish measured #156, welcome to #100 club for me!

Pretty stoked and excited, and there is more fish being caught! It seemed a new desire for a bigger fish started to built up, plus the necessity of breaking in my 50 reel that had travelled with me for some time now. The decision was quick with a newly learned rig from veterans, and that freshly caught squid was fly-lined way out on the day 3 afternoon. PA announcement comes in as line'em up for a new spot, and all start cranking their rigs, with mine getting bit on retrieve, and here we go, I'm on the fish some distance out! Well, long story short, took a bit longer than the first fish, and with some help from the crew and captain Keith himself I got myself my first cow at #221. Woo-hoo! Double duty, almost back to back, pretty beat up, I'll take it any day!!!

Can't wish for the better as day 3 turned out, and super stoked about it! Very grateful for unbelievable spot on crew and captain Keith The Tuna Slayer!

Congrats to Bob M with his 82nd birthday and cow number 73 brought in to the gaf in 18 min!

Congrats to everybody making it happen, camaraderie, and just awesome time aboard Constitution, where experience and memories are priceless!

Here are some other highlights, TL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
So there you go! And welcome to BLOODYDECKS.
Dang!

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
shit talking
Wow great trip and congrats
Counting down my PV trip for next year

MikeyLikesIt