going in #28 at San Jacinto nov 3rd

strikezone 1

Oct 14, 2007
downey
Name
joshua hendricks
Boat
23 keywest strikezone
got #28 resi at San Jacinto this saturday anyone hunted there this year? what did you kill? where did you hunt? see anything good? what did you hear that others did?

im not asking how to hunt. i know how to hunt SJ hunted there every wednesday last year and most saturdays. havent been able to hunt there this year because of a new job and hunting other areas.

Upvote 0

Chompot

Mar 27, 2010
Colorado
Name
Nick
Boat
Float Tube
I was just there yesterday on the sweat. Slow for some and good to okay for others. We were decoying big ducks until about 9:30 am with some divers mixed in. If our new pup didn't bark at decoying birds and flare them we would have killed more. Fun day. As usual work the birds in close and you will have a good hunt. You will get a good blind with that ressie.

Upvote 0

strikezone 1

Oct 14, 2007
downey
Name
joshua hendricks
Boat
23 keywest strikezone
I was just there yesterday on the sweat. Slow for some and good to okay for others. We were decoying big ducks until about 9:30 am with some divers mixed in. If our new pup didn't bark at decoying birds and flare them we would have killed more. Fun day. As usual work the birds in close and you will have a good hunt. You will get a good blind with that ressie.

thank you for the reply

Upvote 0

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
Ask Tom (the refuge manager) where to go when you get to pick. He'll tell you the best spot to go to that is available. He's a great refuge manager.

Upvote 0

strikezone 1

Oct 14, 2007
downey
Name
joshua hendricks
Boat
23 keywest strikezone
Ask Tom (the refuge manager) where to go when you get to pick. He'll tell you the best spot to go to that is available. He's a great refuge manager.

i hate the way he stands there and tells everyone where to go hunt and how to hunt. i dont i know if he even hunts himself. he takes way too long with each hunting party. it sound not take two and half hours to give out fifty blinds. he *ucks if up for all the people that have put in years learning how to hunt SJ. people come out there for the first time, they havent scouted once, they dont even know what looks like in the day light, he has to tell them where to park, how to hunt, what decoys to use, what shells to use, what waders to use, and when to shoot the ducks.

i wake up at 1 am to hear Tom talk for 3 hours thats not a great refuge manager. thats more like someone that likes to waste time and hear himself talk. but thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
i hate the way he stands there and tells everyone where to go hunt and how to hunt. i dont i know if he even hunts himself. he takes way too long with each hunting party. it sound not take two and half hours to give out fifty blinds. he *ucks if up for all the people that have put in years learning how to hunt SJ. people come out there for the first time, they havent scouted once, they dont even know what looks like in the day light, he has to tell them where to park, how to hunt, what decoys to use, what shells to use, what waders to use, and when to shoot the ducks.

i wake up at 1 am to hear Tom talk for 3 hours thats not a great refuge manager. thats more like someone that likes to waste time and hear himself talk. but thanks for the reply.

Agreed.....he acts like a concierge at a 5 star hotel. Not a fan, and no he does not hunt.

Upvote 0

Crabb Claw

DUCAHLC
Aug 2, 2007
Vista
plus.google.com
Name
Willy
Boat
Mud Hen's Den
Big spread use at least 24 to 30 deeks, keep the color out by using more hens then drakes. Don't call after fly off. Birds come back around 10:00, stormy and windy is best time for harvesting.

Tom is the greatest and always looks out for the young hunters! He will give you great advice and put you on the ducks, if they are there. Bring your waders.

Upvote 0

strikezone 1

Oct 14, 2007
downey
Name
joshua hendricks
Boat
23 keywest strikezone
Big spread use at least 24 to 30 deeks, keep the color out by using more hens then drakes. Don't call after fly off. Birds come back around 10:00, stormy and windy is best time for harvesting.

Tom is the greatest and always looks out for the young hunters! He will give you great advice and put you on the ducks, if they are there. Bring your waders.

i use mostly GHG prograde hen packs. i wish they made some diver hen packs. good advise. also GHG gadwall decoys dont have too much color.

Upvote 0