going fishin to east cape

FMARTINEZ14

May 28, 2008
glendale az
Name
frank
Boat
14ft runabout
leaving to the east cape tomorrow am fishing on wed and thurs,hopefully the winds have died down by now.will post a report first chance I get.

hoookup

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 26, 2005
Corona
Name
Bob
Boat
small one
please do. I'm heading down on Sunday...Where are you staying/fishing out of?

merlin

merlin
Apr 23, 2004
San Juanico
Name
Merlin
Boat
nearest panga
I'm in Los Barriles right now and it's been calm. Winds were up last week. Fishing is spotty - on one day and off the next with many boats coming in empty. Lots of good fish to be had and the marlin are everywhere - just tricky getting them to take the bait. Water temp it 80+.

You'll have a blast.

hoookup

Jun 26, 2005
Corona
Name
Bob
Boat
small one
We're staying at Hotel Buena Vista BR. Were fishing 4 days, so hopefully we'll find something to pull on.

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
I just got back about a week ago. As Merlin mentioned - the marlin are thick but not really hungry for the jigs or mullet.

You should get a decent shot at some trophy dorado as well.

Hopefully the tuna show a decent signal on the outside soon. We only heard of one boat that found the "right" porpoise school and got 2.

Good Luck.

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
I just got back Friday night. Plenty of wind on the pacific and around CSL. Fishing was better the further up the Cortez side, rumor was good fishing on the east cape, we found plenty of fish as we fished up that way. Bite was slow and mixed with a few YFT, Jack Crevalle, marlin, sails, a couple dorado, and bonito.

Good Luck.