Go9 XSE and Navionics Platinum+

Charts

Nothing demonstrates hope better than fishing.
  • Aug 22, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Charts
    Boat
    arima sea explorer 16
    I believe my Simrad Go9 XSE is compatible with the Navionics Platinum+ charts. Some questions:

Question 1: Is what I'm going to see on my plotter going the same thing that I see on their online "chart viewer?" https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#[email protected]&key=w`_gEr}vjU

Including the little dive and fish symbols and associated information?

Question 2: The website says: " A one-year subscription to Daily Updates and advanced features is included when you purchase any new product." What happens after a year? Does my charts on my chart plotter stop working? Or only advanced features stop working? Is the " SonarChartTM" one of the advanced features that stops working? It's the SonarChart that has me looking at these in the first place.

Question 3: I think my Go9 XSE can connect to my house's WiFi (but haven't tried it yet). Can you get chart updates that way? Or do you do it through the microSD card/software?

Upvote 0

Charts

Nothing demonstrates hope better than fishing.
  • Aug 22, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Charts
    Boat
    arima sea explorer 16
    Question 4: It says you can renew after a year for a discount? Anyone know what kind of discount? Couldn't find the renewal price on the website.

Upvote 0