GO TO Olympia Protest Sunday 4-19 @ 1:00 PM

bducky

• Jul 31, 2017
    elma
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    20 ft duckworth

But Im a selfish asshole for wanting to fish....

What flavor is the Kool-Aid this week.
    They are buying food (i.e; groceries) and keeping local farmers afloat (with a perishable food product) as well as practicing social distancing. And yes, I agree, you are talking like a selfish asshole.

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME

But Im a selfish asshole for wanting to fish....

What flavor is the Kool-Aid this week.

This kind of stuff is so retarded! Oregon isn’t far off from you guys... Our fishing isn’t closed, but all state boat ramps and parks (most of them) are closed.... Many with giant concrete barricades across them, so while legally we can fish, most cannot because they can’t get their boat in the water.....

Yet.... Like you guys.... Portland was allowed to open the Saturday market for a bunch of people to gather outside, walk about and buy local hippie shit! Everybody need a stash box made from a burl....

Then if you’re stressed out you can cruse over to a local pot shop and buy some weed.... but it would be far to risky to launch your boat.... makes total sense.... Not!

I am still amazed how thick some of the people are that just don’t get it! the disparity in what is allowed is more the issue than is being selfish assholes!

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    They are buying food (i.e; groceries) and keeping local farmers afloat (with a perishable food product) as well as practicing social distancing. And yes, I agree, you are talking like a selfish asshole.

Oh but I thought we where supposed to stay home stay safe..so which is it, stay home or farmers market to spread disease....or is open air environments deemed safe now?..man I'm so confused by the hypocrisy. .your not only drinking the Kool-Aid but you have a straight up IV stuck in you.

And Im glad I seem like an asshole, keeps my group of friends small.

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
    Feb 3, 2018
    Puget sound
    Name
    Koopa
    Boat
    Arima
    Apologies to Newbie, Sorry to call out someone who has been around longer then me, I am obviously going blind having been in lockdown for so long. , That being said I don't plan on driving my boat to Olympia in a fruitless effort to pressure a governor who has never been a friend to fishermen . He has had success in flatening the curve, that's the important thing, fish will still be there. Hopefully things will lighten up by the beginning or end of May.

You do realize this protest was started by Tri-cities anglers where there is some 300 plus cases in their county. Not much or a curve to flatten and social distancing is not a issue.

Upvote 0

bducky

• Jul 31, 2017
    elma
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    20 ft duckworth
    You do realize this protest was started by Tri-cities anglers where there is some 300 plus cases in their county. Not much or a curve to flatten and social distancing is not a issue.
    And their county officials are telling folks to STAY HOME and NOT come to their counties. How many west side anglers would gladly tow their boats over there rather then the state capital regardless of what they say? And those East side anglers would be the 1st to scream bloody murder over the resulting crowds.

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Oh but I thought we where supposed to stay home stay safe..so which is it, stay home or farmers market to spread disease....or is open air environments deemed safe now?..man I'm so confused by the hypocrisy. .your not only drinking the Kool-Aid but you have a straight up IV stuck in you.

And Im glad I seem like an asshole, keeps my group of friends small.
    I read somewhere the strict social distancing isn't working all that well in Spain so their next step is to use military planes to dump disinfectant on the cities.

Upvote 0

ledbed6b

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 21, 2010
    Shoreline WA
    Name
    Eli
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    It's funny how polarizing this is, and how people think in absolutes. Parks open check, farmers markets open check, that's okay? But fishing, oh god the virus will explode and kill everyone! Also how flat does our curve in Washington need to get before it is okay to fish?

Inslee said we can't open up until we're at 0 deaths per day, well how many people will lose their lives due to suicide, substance abuse, domestic violence? At some point life must go on. I recommend everyone read about what Sweden is doing.

Gotta love all the people on here that are now experts in epidemiology, statistics, numerical methods, and virus modeling.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    It's funny how polarizing this is, and how people think in absolutes. Parks open check, farmers markets open check, that's okay? But fishing, oh god the virus will explode and kill everyone! Also how flat does our curve in Washington need to get before it is okay to fish?

Inslee said we can't open up until we're at 0 deaths per day, well how many people will lose their lives due to suicide, substance abuse, domestic violence? At some point life must go on. I recommend everyone read about what Sweden is doing.

Gotta love all the people on here that are now experts in epidemiology, statistics, numerical methods, and virus modeling.

love what Sweden is doing!!

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
    ShillCreek, WA USA
    Name
    Shari
    Boat
    Mr. Buttercup
    Honest question for you guys that think some of us are selfish assholes. How long are you ok with the fishing, hunting and camping closures. You going to changeur tune in May, June? Have you quarantined completely, or do you sneak to the store once in a while. Be honest.

Remember WA is the only state in the nation that closed fishing.

Not correct. Maryland, Michigan, MA, most of Florida, southern CA counties have closed.

Tackle direct had a current map of closures.

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
    ShillCreek, WA USA
    Name
    Shari
    Boat
    Mr. Buttercup

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    If only there was a black and white answer..... There just isn’t... even the experts do not agree.... Some will claim that “all” health care professionals or experts agree, but that simply is not true either. Each state, each community, and each demographic is affected differently.

advocates for social distancing and lock down will claim that the curve is due to the lock down, the others will claim that it’s the natural curve that would have occurred as a pandemic sweeps through. Regardless of manipulated statistics for years to come we will never truly know.

One thing for sure the economic impacts on businesses, out of work people, and the deficit to the government will be around for a long time, maybe beyond my lifetime.

We are seeing state where the citizens are holding rallies and many states opening back up..... I hear many people threatening to “rise up” against this.... Probably mostly idle bullshit threats, but if pushed far enough we may see some organizing.... The President would likely support the rise.... A different president might try to rally the troops against their own...

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
    May 9, 2010
    North of Kali!
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    3 and counting!
    I suggest going to a hospital first and seeing how many people are severely sick before protesting.

We don't care if you stay at home and watch the Halmark Channel!
    Don't fuck with us when we go fish!

Ducker!

Upvote 0

mrfish11

"Just a captain"
  • Aug 3, 2009
    Olympia,WA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    I’m with on doing what’s best for the greater good but closing boat ramps a and national parks is just dumb in my opinion. They are literally funneling people together with limiting where people can go and do. Walmart Safeway target and Costco are more packed than ever but I cannot go out in the straits and put a line in the water? This shit is stupid. For the record I’m also immunosuppressed from having a kidney transplant taking anti rejection meds. This disease scares me too. We can be careful and sensible at the same time.

Agree, but some are way to stupid to realize this.

Reactions: fishnfool909
    Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    Well now that most of my at home projects are wrapping up (wife claims this is debatable), I’m done with this quarantine. I’ll give you your 6ft, I didn’t want to be that close to you anyway. but I’m launching the fucking boat. I’m going hiking. I’m going bike riding.

I know I ain’t going very far because I’m running out of fucking money because if it saves one life I have to assume the fetal position until bill gates sticks you with a fucking needle and microchip.

I’m not a medical expert (although I do dispense medical advice), but I KNOW if you’re fucking scared, you can put a helmet on and lock YOURSELF in a rubber room and suck your thumb until the world death rate gets to zero. Me on a WFO bluegill bite doesn’t change your status.

how the fuck we raised a generation or two of “Americans” that actually stand behind the “if it saves one life” philosophy is beyond me. We can just keep pumping us full of injections and drugs till we have no immune systems.

Upvote 0

tinmaniac

Almost A Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Washington
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Sled
    Well now that most of my at home projects are wrapping up (wife claims this is debatable), I’m done with this quarantine. I’ll give you your 6ft, I didn’t want to be that close to you anyway. but I’m launching the fucking boat. I’m going hiking. I’m going bike riding.

I know I ain’t going very far because I’m running out of fucking money because if it saves one life I have to assume the fetal position until bill gates sticks you with a fucking needle and microchip.

I’m not a medical expert (although I do dispense medical advice), but I KNOW if you’re fucking scared, you can put a helmet on and lock YOURSELF in a rubber room and suck your thumb until the world death rate gets to zero. Me on a WFO bluegill bite doesn’t change your status.

how the fuck we raised a generation or two of “Americans” that actually stand behind the “if it saves one life” philosophy is beyond me. We can just keep pumping us full of injections and drugs till we have no immune systems.
    That's some dumb ass shit right there!Why do you think Polio,Measles,Mumps,Rubella aren't the plagues they once were.Why do we immunize soldiers that fight in shit hole places where disease runs rampant?Ever plan to hunt in Africa?You'll catch a fucking disease that could be avoided with a few shots.Fucking dipshit!

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
    ShillCreek, WA USA
    Name
    Shari
    Boat
    Mr. Buttercup
    Man I love you guys! There is some serious smack talking and i can't wait until our biggest concern is getting to the canyon to get our halibut, finding cold water for kings and warm water for tuna!

Can't wait for the smack talk to begin on the bitches who crash bait stops and the latest happenings in tuna town! Better days coming! Commercial boats are getting albies in SoCal, so hopefully it will be a good year!

Upvote 0

bobberdoggin

‘Butt Kraken
    Mar 23, 2015
    Name
    Thomas
    Boat
    22’ SeaSport Sportsman ‘Butt Kraken
    My wife is working the night shift directly on Coronavirus patients at a major hospital In Snohomish County. She is amazed on how empty the hospital is. They are actually forcing furloughs because they are way over staffed since they cannot do elective surgeries/etc. Just an example how these closures are ridiculous.

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
    Feb 3, 2018
    Puget sound
    Name
    Koopa
    Boat
    Arima
    My wife is working the night shift directly on Coronavirus patients at a major hospital In Snohomish County. She is amazed on how empty the hospital is. They are actually forcing furloughs because they are way over staffed since they cannot do elective surgeries/etc. Just an example how these closures are ridiculous.

same thing here in Tacoma, voluntary furloughs happening. Statewide anything at this point make no sense.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat

Thank you for stating this! I hope your wife doesn’t get any fall back. I am so tired of watching so many in health care claim that all health care professionals agree.. Simply is not true!

One of my best friends and fishing buddies is a Pediatrician and has been for many years..... He and I talked the other day and he is amazed too. Especially with the freak out about closing schools and such since healthy children are not having any real issues with this virus...

Reactions: fishnfool909
    Upvote 0

“biteme”

Boilin dinos
    Oct 6, 2009
    Bellingham
    Name
    Brian B
    Boat
    26 osprey
    I am just now getting discharged from the hospital and same thing, lots of empty rooms.... but my nurse said dont tell anyone because everyone is staying away because of all the sickies lol.

that being said i wasnt on the covid side of the hospital so take that as a grain of salt

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
    Sep 22, 2016
    City of Angels
    Name
    Rexor
    Boat
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    What is Black and White is the Fact that 40,000 plus Americans Now are Dead in just more than a month! Many more to come sadly.

You may say its the Flu not Covid-19 but heck if the Feds had just not wasted 6 weeks of Downplaying and Inaction which caught us Blindsided and Unprepared then Most of these Deaths could have been avoided.

If we just implement One time National Shutdown Earlier then we could have been back to Fishing by Now. The more people Resist and Defy Social Distancing Orders....the longer we get over this Pandemic and back to Normal unless we will just chose to close our eyes to those piled up bodies and to those preventable deaths to come.

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    So if the hospitals are empty, would that mean that the lock down was effective?

asking for a friend.

On a serious note, now we seen to have blunted the initial spike, we have a tough road ahead to ease off and not screw it up. Fishing seems safe enough, but I do see how the travel that we do to fish could be bad. And then... WAIT, DID ANyONE NOTICE THAT ALMOST ALL PS SALMON FISHING IS GONE?!?!?

this shutdown sucks, but long term stuff that has way more impact than this lock down has just happened to us this year.

Reactions: fishing fanatic
    Upvote 0