GO TO Olympia Protest Sunday 4-19 @ 1:00 PM

Plus1

Apr 14, 2008
Pugetropolis
Name
Gary
Boat
2002 no-name YT
Sunday 4-19 Bring your boat and stage near Olympia till it is time to drive by the Capitol

Saturday 4-18 Hundreds protest Wash. state fishing ban in Tri-Cities
Similar efforts throughout the Northwest with a rally planned Sunday in Olympia
1587261638216.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bducky

• Jul 31, 2017
    elma
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    20 ft duckworth
    Apologies to Newbie, Sorry to call out someone who has been around longer then me, I am obviously going blind having been in lockdown for so long. , That being said I don't plan on driving my boat to Olympia in a fruitless effort to pressure a governor who has never been a friend to fishermen . He has had success in flatening the curve, that's the important thing, fish will still be there. Hopefully things will lighten up by the beginning or end of May.

Upvote 0

Plus1

Apr 14, 2008
    Pugetropolis
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    2002 no-name YT
    To set the record straight, WE, the People, had to fight the whale wars about 10 years ago so that you could be salmon fishing in this state up to now. If we want to fish in this state, we have to fight, now it has been heaped on us once again and it is just the beginning.
    And, Jay is/was a good friend of the rec fishermen when he got elected, he proved that by sending the environmental fraud off of the fish and game commission. Jay and Fish and Game have to hear very clearly and loudly from all of us on this abuse of government power, it cannot stand.

I was away for a few years, where the heck is the fishnazi and goat. We gave em hell then and we will give em hell againtill its over.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    Apologies to Newbie, Sorry to call out someone who has been around longer then me, I am obviously going blind having been in lockdown for so long. , That being said I don't plan on driving my boat to Olympia in a fruitless effort to pressure a governor who has never been a friend to fishermen . He has had success in flatening the curve, that's the important thing, fish will still be there. Hopefully things will lighten up by the beginning or end of May.

You’re pretty annoying. If you don’t want to go then don’t.

admit it, you’re an Inslee man.

Upvote 0

bducky

• Jul 31, 2017
    elma
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    20 ft duckworth
    Actually I have stated my opinions of Jay many times at commission meetings, too bad you don't recognize me. Oh, maybe I just missed you at the meetings where I called out Phil Anderson for being the backstabbing Fuc* that he was to all us. The only candidate I hated more then Jay was Dino the failure. And I voted for Spellman over Booth because Spellman vetoed the Cherry Point oil facility which would have spelled doom for the herring spawning area there. And Booth just used his governorship to benefit his family, Weyerhaeuser from state fines for destroying salmon habitat. I just see having a unified effort to fight Covid 19 has put our state in the lead for recovery. Don't fuc* it up now. If you think I'm annoying in print wait "till you meet me.

Upvote 0

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
    Olympia
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    20' Trophy
    I do not post much... generally only a few reports. But seriously, to me this is about selfishness vs sense of greater good. Have we devolved into a society of spoiled children demanding what we want when we want it? What happened to shared sacrifice for the greater good? Patience people. Yes, it sucks. I wonder if that's not what is wrong with the country... it's not Inslee. He's saved hundreds or maybe thousands of lives with tough, unpopular decisions. He's certainly not my favorite. But, geez, why are people so ready to let "others" die for their "freedoms." It's this "freedom" call that I hear that I believe is really is a childish demand for getting what you want when you want it. Sorry for the rant, but the very rich and powerful are continuing to use this crisis to steal money from us, consolidate power and turn us against the professionals, the scientists and the people doing the right thing. Let's get through this as quickly as possible and get back to fishing in late May or June.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    Have we devolved into a society of spoiled children demanding what we want when we want it?

Um. . .yeah. . .pretty much yes.

Bunch of dumbfuckery. There's lots of good things to protest, but this isn't one,

fb

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
    Feb 3, 2018
    Puget sound
    Name
    Koopa
    Boat
    Arima
    I do not post much... generally only a few reports. But seriously, to me this is about selfishness vs sense of greater good. Have we devolved into a society of spoiled children demanding what we want when we want it? What happened to shared sacrifice for the greater good? Patience people. Yes, it sucks. I wonder if that's not what is wrong with the country... it's not Inslee. He's saved hundreds or maybe thousands of lives with tough, unpopular decisions. He's certainly not my favorite. But, geez, why are people so ready to let "others" die for their "freedoms." It's this "freedom" call that I hear that I believe is really is a childish demand for getting what you want when you want it. Sorry for the rant, but the very rich and powerful are continuing to use this crisis to steal money from us, consolidate power and turn us against the professionals, the scientists and the people doing the right thing. Let's get through this as quickly as possible and get back to fishing in late May or June.

What makes you think fishing will open in May or June? Last I checked nothing has happened that would cause the Governor to open fishing.

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    Honest question for you guys that think some of us are selfish assholes. How long are you ok with the fishing, hunting and camping closures. You going to change your tune in May, June? Have you quarantined completely, or do you sneak to the store once in a while. Be honest.

Remember WA is the only state in the nation that closed fishing.

Upvote 0

Baby J

Grady prick in training
  • Jul 28, 2017
    Graham, WA
    Name
    Jeremy
    Boat
    Grady White 265 Express Walkaround
    I’m with on doing what’s best for the greater good but closing boat ramps a and national parks is just dumb in my opinion. They are literally funneling people together with limiting where people can go and do. Walmart Safeway target and Costco are more packed than ever but I cannot go out in the straits and put a line in the water? This shit is stupid. For the record I’m also immunosuppressed from having a kidney transplant taking anti rejection meds. This disease scares me too. We can be careful and sensible at the same time.

Upvote 0

Hunter Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 30, 2011
    Stauffer
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    MUGWUMP
    Honest question for you guys that think some of us are selfish assholes. How long are you ok with the fishing, hunting and camping closures. You going to change your tune in May, June? Have you quarantined completely, or do you sneak to the store once in a while. Be honest.

Remember WA is the only state in the nation that closed fishing.
    I, along with many many others had zero problem entering the national forests when they were 'closed' during federal government shut downs. I will hunt this fall and am saving my ultimate defiance for when I am armed. That being said I would participate in a on the water Fish In on the 4th of July if necessary. AND if there were volunteers protecting our trucks and trailers from being towed or booted at the boat ramp!!!!!

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Some of your post almost makes some sense but please explain this part of your post to me...."the very rich and powerful are continuing to use this crisis to steal money from us,". Where do you get this? How are they doing this? Or is this all BS from "Occupy Dimmmms" or some other Liberal bull-shit Kool-Aid talking points?

Being able to go fishing should be ok as I'm sure one can social distance easily. The problem here is overwhelming small communities such as what happened a few weeks ago. It scared the crap out of them. Of course the original case in Westport was from a local that had gone down to California to a funeral, not from the surge of outsiders. If fishers could be low impact there shouldn't be a problem. Personally I feel myself due to my age and chubbyness and my wife due to her age, past cancer and also Sarcoid affecting her lungs are high risk. We've stayed very low key and isolated as well as anyone should that are high risk. The country is crashing if we don't get things moving again. Let the people out, get back to work but the high risk people should sequester.

Personally I'm going fishing as I'm climbing on an airplane for Dutch Harbor Tuesday to float around in the Bering Sea for two months. We'll have to go through at least two screenings if not more to get there. I've been a good boy and have had myself isolated for a long period but we have had to the past couple of weeks send our temperatures in daily to the company. I figure if I can get past the first couple of weeks I'm good but crew changes can be nasty bringing crud on the boat....the virus would be a whole different game. At least us wheelhouse types aren't mixing it up as much.

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    Should post more sensie cal
    stuff.
    I agree.:smoking33:

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT

But Im a selfish asshole for wanting to fish....

What flavor is the Kool-Aid this week.

Upvote 0

bducky

• Jul 31, 2017
    elma
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    20 ft duckworth
    A thoughtful and well spoken post, we should all take this to heart. When you look at the people ( Americans as well as the rest of the world) who are directly being affected by this our problems are small indeed.

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    How are they stealing money?
    1. There will be a Covid tax.
    2. Hospitals just got huge injections of cash, they are businesses too, that always fill beds. But they will lay off.
    3. Where are the homeless chilling these days

This whole thing is about control. I agree with the two weeks quarantine... should have been a dead stop though on all businesses. Thats how you stop it not by allowing pot shops, liquor stores, etc to stay open.

Hunting and fishing require social distancing in order to be successful, might not work on a cattle boat but if a family lives together they could boat together. Otherwise theres miles of shoreline.

If this was about health why on earth is California letting the most quarantined of society, the criminals, Out? Do they have Essential jobs to go to? While they shut down gun shops at the same time.
    Why is California giving expensive hotel rooms to druggies and homeless?
    Why is California giving money to illegal aliens?

If this is about health why on earth did they not let you grow your own food in Michigan? No seeds, no seedlings, no plants, no trees? But pot shops, the lotto, liquor stores is fine.

Why is it ok to go to the store but not ok to vote?

There is something else going on here!

Upvote 0

Latest posts