Offshore GO GET THEM , THEY'RE F'N HUNGRY!

PENN

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
we finally got into a wide open bite..... I had 2 of my best fishing buddies ed&mike with me. we left mb @ 7am with a full scoop of great bait, and headed west @ 20+knots. about 18.5 miles out we see leaping tuna. we shut down away from them , and they charged the boat. I started out fishing 12lb, until I broke off 4 in a row. line size didn't matter , they bit 15, 25 & 30lb. every bait was hit, as soon as it hit the water, for over 2.5 hours. we were triple hooked at least a dozen times. we ended up with 21 fish 10-25lbs,and busted off just as many. they looked like yft , but on some, the air bladders covered the whole abdominal cavity {bet?}. anyways , go get 'em ! all the fish had empty stomachs. the fish stayed with us for over 3 hours. we kept chumming a few baits every couple minutes , and they would just crash all over. got back in @ 1pm. GITSUM!!!!!!!
P.S. socaldeiseltech/clyde I called you , bro, about a dozen times , and called out the numbers, but nobody responded or showed up.

IMG_2213.JPG IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2228.JPG IMG_2224.JPG IMG_2239.JPG

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
About time they started biting!!

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Freaking Slater house, looks reel nice!!!

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
Damn man I was calling you as well. Didn't hear you don't know why??!! We found a bunch of tuna at the corner that would boil on the chum but wouldn't bite a hook!

Upvote 0

Bring It On

Bring It On Fishing
Jul 6, 2013
At The Helm
Name
Jason
Boat
Bring It On
:urno1:
we finally got into a wide open bite..... I had 2 of my best fishing buddies ed&mike with me. we left mb @ 7am with a full scoop of great bait, and headed west @ 20+knots. about 18.5 miles out we see leaping tuna. we shut down away from them , and they charged the boat. I started out fishing 12lb, until I broke off 4 in a row. line size didn't matter , they bit 15, 25 & 30lb. every bait was hit, as soon as it hit the water, for over 2.5 hours. we were triple hooked at least a dozen times. we ended up with 21 fish 10-25lbs,and busted off just as many. they looked like yft , but on some, the air bladders covered the whole abdominal cavity {bet?}. anyways , go get 'em ! all the fish had empty stomachs. the fish stayed with us for over 3 hours. we kept chumming a few baits every couple minutes , and they would just crash all over. got back in @ 1pm. GITSUM!!!!!!!
P.S. socaldeiseltech/clyde I called you , bro, about a dozen times , and called out the numbers, but nobody responded or showed up.

View attachment 796569 View attachment 796570 View attachment 796571 View attachment 796572 View attachment 796573

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
I didn't hear
Damn man I was calling you as well. Didn't hear you don't know why??!! We found a bunch of tuna at the corner that would boil on the chum but wouldn't bite a hook![/QUOT

I called you, as soon as we got stopped, but didn't get a response. I think my radio is messed up. I called out whatever numbers we were at I think it 44/36, but nobody showed up . we were all by ourselves.

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
Don't quite know what you were looking at but tuna don't have swim bladders. Nice day and nice haul though
yes they do, and about 7 of them were big eye tuna.

Attachments

• ItanoBigeyeTunaID.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

CaptnJD

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 23, 2003
O'Side
Name
James
Boat
Skipjack 25, "BREAKAWAY" & CABO 35 "REEL AQUASITION"
Now them R Sum BLOODY DECKS...

Reactions: cortezpirasea
Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
I m no expert , but a person of very good knowledge told me that in small fish sometimes the air bladder grows fast in some smaller specimens. He said that for identification purposes they need to be over 40-50lbs to tell if bigeye. Just see what others think. Would Love some slug big eyes. Btw great bloody deck!!!

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

captainsdc

Apr 19, 2011
San Jose del Cabo
Name
Scott
Boat
Shopping for something else
Late but great!! I do the BE/YFT ID all the time here at work. This is a clear but messy after-the-fact way to tell the diff.
597d314881135e92b38ed25cf05a8cf2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
I m no expert , but a person of very good knowledge told me that in small fish sometimes the air bladder grows fast in some smaller specimens. He said that for identification purposes they need to be over 40-50lbs to tell if bigeye. Just see what others think. Would Love some slug big eyes. Btw great bloody deck!!!
yeah, the bigger fish had the long bladders, but I didn't see the striated liver. shit i don't know. all the bigeye I ever caught were all over 65lbs.

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

Aug 23, 2004
Name
RICK
Boat
CARNAGE! Love those bloody decks! Solid work men! LOL

OLD GUYS ROCK and have more patience LOL
my best buddy ed seidlinger is 75!my other buddy mike is 70! i'm only 55, lol. ed's a tank! he's taught me much of what I know, and we've had some awesome times.OLD GUYS RULE!

Upvote 0

Latest posts