Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Damn that is no joke. Prayers going out to Jesus!

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
I'm sad today to hear this news about Jesus. Sad but hopeful! I've known him for 30 years..... and have seen so many great moments.... where he shared.... cared.... laughed and cried.with so many anglers. So many years of real "service". ... Real love for all of us.... Real sacrifice. He shared his great love and knowledge of all things fishing....."selflessly".

But his "karma" is strong. His friendship is lasting..... and so is my hope for this GREAT "teacher". Going out of his way to save your fish.... make you laugh.... show you the proper rig.... All with his warm sense of humor and reassuring smile. Brain surgeries are not cheap for the uninsured.

PLEASE... MY BD BROTHERS.....If you've ever had the joy of fishing with him.... spending time with him.... you know this is a worthwhile "chance" to say THANK YOU.... In your own private way.
Donations.... ARE REALLY NEEDED!!

Instead of that 1 extra jig.... that new reel.... donate to help this fishing "hero"!! Instead of that "eighteenth" new rod.....
Instead of that additional "scoop" of bait..
Instead of $100 for "whatever"......

DONATE to help this "teacher".... This "skipper".... This man who shared kind words and a smile with ALL he met.... He's battling for his life now.... and he needs your thoughtfulness. I know he would be embarassed.... by all this.... but time is running out. Go to the link above.... donate $10.... or whatever you can to show him we all care here on BD.
Prayers.... are always welcome for sure.

:notworthy
THANK YOU BROTHERS! "FULL CIRCLE"

Last edited:

Holi-e-Mackeral

Holi-e-Mackeral
Jul 10, 2003
Orange County, CA
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
Royal Polaris - sold the boat
A couple of shots of Jesus.. he is a great guy.. On those slow fishing days, he would always keep you laughing, with a joke, a story, or even a song.. (I was on a trip where he had the Abba song "Dancing Queen" in his head.. heard him singing it for day.

Richard with Big D, and Jesus.JPG
Jesus.jpg

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Such a great guy, I would not have landed half the big fish I have caught without his teachings to me. He wouldn't pull any punches, and I needed to be taught that way. Always happy, always able to make me chuckle or belly laugh.
I had the pleasure of fishing with him, and working with him. Ether way, awesome dude.
Once on a trip together, angler catches a sheephead, asks "Are these any good?"
Jesus responds: "Do you like lobster?"
Angler: "YEAH!"
Jesus: "Doesn't taste anything like em!" :D

Then, I don't know what my buddy did, but Jesus called him out on it, said it's a halfday move; So, my buddy has been Halfday ever since then! He is a very good fisherman, but it was just a funny moment and it stuck.

Hopefully the GoFundMe can get enough to help him get the treatment he needs. He really is a great guy, hope to fish with him again.

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
Jun 20, 2015
San Fernando Valley
Name
Brad I
Boat
Nope
I'm late to the game and just saw this.

I went to the GoFundMe page and was set to donate when but they require my email address. I'm sick of getting junk email; can anyone who has donated on GoFundMe tell me if I will receive junk email?

I am happy to donate using another method to avoid getting junk email.

TIA.

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
I'm late to the game and just saw this.

I went to the GoFundMe page and was set to donate when but they require my email address. I'm sick of getting junk email; can anyone who has donated on GoFundMe tell me if I will receive junk email?

I am happy to donate using another method to avoid getting junk email.

TIA.
Brad, I’ve donated on GoFundMe several times and have gotten a confirmation, then a follow up email telling me if I share the link it’ll increase the donations. Nothing after that.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
I donated.... got the confirmation and "pass it on email"..... so far.... nothing else.

Jesus... is truly in need. If you guys think they get "great" health care benefits on the LR fleet.... your sadly mistaken. The cost of his surgeries is over $100,000.

Help if you can...Please.
:notworthy :notworthy
Be safe out there brothers.

Reactions: COSDoug

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Night before we made plans to wake up before pre dawn to catch the Alijos perfect tuna candy bait. About 30 minutes later hooked a 112# gill gutted at first gray. Good idea, thanks

150743-1221239787-892ce98269deb6dccb2c00f61c1a9290.jpg

Spot of fish popped up outside of the Clarion biosphere. We both grabbed the 10 footers with 7xs. My buddy's rod that I grabbed (closest long rod to me which had a owner treble on the 7X that I ringed for him :D) the Newell drags fried so the spool had to be hand gripped. I should had grabbed my 10 footer with the drag upgrades LOL But Jesus owned me LOL look at his pulling strength. That is how to shut down a 10 footer. Take a look. Shut down the 10 footer.
124070-1147974988-5636d0c64d57ab453e2cb84102857588 (1).jpg

152690-1228609859-c6ab8c13d1b7e16559df1400f1711356.jpg

76lb was trying for the 100lb skip jig 10 foot rod club. Owner treble worked as planed. Hooked the fish in the cheek. Caught looking, scarry sharp hooks
IMG_20200717_134200.jpg

Really a genuinely great dude. Have spent 43 days on the boat with him. Nothing but awesome and full of great advice. Want to land what you hook on the long rod, fish blue izor. Back then

Wishing the best and a speedy recovery

Reactions: woodfish330

x-man

May 28, 2005
Rancho Penasquitos
Name
Rick
Boat
17' invader center console
Such a great guy, I would not have landed half the big fish I have caught without his teachings to me. He wouldn't pull any punches, and I needed to be taught that way. Always happy, always able to make me chuckle or belly laugh.
I had the pleasure of fishing with him, and working with him. Ether way, awesome dude.
Once on a trip together, angler catches a sheephead, asks "Are these any good?"
Jesus responds: "Do you like lobster?"
Angler: "YEAH!"
Jesus: "Doesn't taste anything like em!" :D

Then, I don't know what my buddy did, but Jesus called him out on it, said it's a halfday move; So, my buddy has been Halfday ever since then! He is a very good fisherman, but it was just a funny moment and it stuck.

Hopefully the GoFundMe can get enough to help him get the treatment he needs. He really is a great guy, hope to fish with him again.
I was on that trip. Your buddy (and mine) leaned his rod against the bait tank and Jesus was on the tank. He asked who’s rod it was and said it was a half day move. The name stuck.
And yes Jesus is a great guy.

Reactions: shellback

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I donated early and will donate again...I am like Wahoodad, I owe much of my big fish technique to Jesus....he was always calm and always had that great sense of humor.....he also got me back to knot connections for spectra to top shots but thats another story....praying for my brother.