hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Absolutely amazing amount of big fish south west of Point Loma right now. We found them today near the 302 in the afternoon and it was foamer after foamer of 80plus lb fish.

I went 2/3 on the bigger BFT and lost one that was easily over 100lbs due to a pulled hook. ALL my fish came on the popper with the big treble hooks. My boat-mates went 0/4 on the Salas 6S yoyo. Make SURE you fish 80lb line or stronger.

If I go back out I plan to fish a 7' rod with my HX Ratpor rigged wtih 100lb Floro.

LEAVE the smaller gear at home.

GO FISH NOW.

Big BFT 6-11-2016 009.JPG

Upvote 0

queenfish

Nov 21, 2003
OB
Name
mark
Boat
19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
Right on. Thanks for the timely info.
Not one of these "5 days ago we knocked the shit out of them reports"
I think ill hit it. Will report back too.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
B

BigPlay

Unreal. The weather is supposed to be garbage this week but should be flat by this weekend. Just can't believe the size and quantity of these things 2 hours off shore. Does anyone know when the Seiner season starts? These fish will disappear overnight.

Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Unreal. The weather is supposed to be garbage this week but should be flat by this weekend. Just can't believe the size and quantity of these things 2 hours off shore. Does anyone know when the Seiner season starts? These fish will disappear overnight.

We were down at the upper finger yesterday and counted seven Seiners. I heard they had met their quota already but don't have anything to quantify that.

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Right on. Thanks for the timely info.
Not one of these "5 days ago we knocked the shit out of them reports"
I think ill hit it. Will report back too.

Thanks again.
We didn't find them till after 1pm. I think it might be a time of day thing. Just a heads up.

PS- Dont bother with bait...

Reactions: jeremyv75
Upvote 0
B

BigPlay

We were down at the upper finger yesterday and counted seven Seiners. I heard they had met their quota already but don't have anything to quantify that.

I'm skeptical of the oversight on those guys, powerful lobby behind them too. I watched them totally destroy the local potentially epic yellowfin fishing last year. #catfood.

Upvote 0

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Awesome job Tony !!! Puttin on the clinic for us old farts . (You know.. me and striper30)

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Nice Tony! What reel were you using? We started at the 302 then headed south to 230 and 371. Found a couple spots and one large foamer that I got one cast into with that HX I bought from you with a 60g Coltsnipers.. no love though. Will try again next weekend. Thanks, awesome job!

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
Nice Tony! What reel were you using? We started at the 302 then headed south to 230 and 371. Found a couple spots and one large foamer that I got one cast into with that HX I bought from you with a 60g Coltsnipers.. no love though. Will try again next weekend. Thanks, awesome job!
I was using my jx raptor with my 900m. I was able to kill the fish you see pictures in about 10 minutes, but the bigger model I lost I couldn't move at all. I fought the bigger model for 15 minutes and was pinned to the rail the entire time...

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
There was lots of foamers and then there were the FOAMERS...big,explosive foamers.

Upvote 0

jeremyv75

Almost A Member
Hey what time were you out in the zone??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

rhamilton210

Adventurous sort
Mar 20, 2006
Poway
Name
Ron
Boat
18 Glastron, BBLU
Commercial guys are almost done. About 100 tons left til they have hit their limits. :)

Upvote 0