charlyhustle

Trying to kill fish...
Dec 24, 2012
Nor*Cal
Name
JB
Boat
Sold them...
I've got a Wellcraft fisherman 230 center console that has a cuddy cabin that leaks water when it rains. I've caulked the base of the console and any other place I can see where water could enter but no luck.

The question is this, has anyone tried using Gluv it epoxy sealer on their rig? I'm thinking about painting everywhere around the console that could possibly leak to see if that solves my issue. Before I went through with that I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had ever tried using this product before.

Thanks

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
  • Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    They used to use it to seal up the inside of the bait tanks on the party boats.

Reactions: charlyhustle
    Upvote 0

Day0ne

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 24, 2004
    Texas
    Name
    David
    Boat
    233 Formula Shadowdancer
    It's best to find the source of the leak, but that can be a problem at times. I had a leak on the port side of my cabin one time that I finally traced to a rail mounting bolt on the starboard side. Go figure.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Find the leak and fix only the leak.It would probably be a cleaner repair rather than smearing goop all over the place hoping to fix a leak.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
    Sep 24, 2006
    Anaheim Hills
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    Freefrom Boats Club
    No gluv no love.

Find the original leak, it will make leak detection easier when you spring a new leak....that's the optimist speaking. :D

Upvote 0

dcarlisle

Captain
    Jun 25, 2008
    The Island
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Boatless
    JB,
    I had the same problem with mine.
    I caulked the entire perimeter of the outside AND INSIDE of mine. I ripped out the inside wall carpet (it was moldy anyway when I bought it). Then i removed the windshield and caulked around the entire helm seem from the deck, up and around the windshield, and back down to the deck on the other side. Then i caulked the little holes on the bottom of the removable cup holders in the console so that water wouldn't drip inside that cavity.
    6 years later it still stays dry as a bone in there.

Upvote 0

charlyhustle

Trying to kill fish...
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nor*Cal
    Name
    JB
    Boat
    Sold them...
    Thanks gentlemen. As soon as the rain goes away for a bit I'll try a couple options with the flashlight being the first shot.

Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 16, 2007
    long beach,ca
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    44 luhrs dreamer
    I have used it before but not for what your trying to do.We used it on wood decks to seal and hold non skid.You can thin it and color it.Tom

Upvote 0