Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
SOLD!!!!!!!

Update,
New dual cable NFB steering kit installed.
New Starboard dash.
Replaced fuel filters.
New spark plugs.
Other stuff I am forgetting...

All offers will be considered. Wife hates Sancha...

New pics added. Tried to show the 30+ years of age, dings, sunburn, ect. Not a pretty or perfect boat but definately functional with a ton of space.

Looking to sell my SeaFury so I can get a smaller skiff since I mostly solo fish.

Notice below where I removed the rear passenger seats. Left the screws in. Dont mind the dirt/muck!

Sancha is a 1983 hand laid glass hull with a 1999 Mercury electronically fuel injected 250 outboard.

I fish her once or twice a week. Everything works.

Comes with the trailer.

Cruise speed is 30 to 38mph depending on conditions or 3300 to 3800RPM's. Top speed is 48. Super fast inshore/catalina boat.

Fuel economy is 1.5 MPG at cruise. So around 120 miles range with a 75 gallon gas tank depending on how throttle happy you are. She likes to fly.

The hull is smooth riding and dry. Way less pounding on the typical SoCal swell than many of the big brand 21 footers. Function over form.

Electrical was recently went through and updated. Batteries moved from the bilge up into the cabin. New cables and mount.

Includes. Lawrance HDS 5 with all of my spots and a marine radio.

Two bilges. One 2k and. 600GPH auto.

$7,500 or best offer/boat for trade. There's a small crack in the lower unit bell housing by the prop that does not affect performance but is a defect I figured I'd mention. Pretty sure the shop did it when installing a lower unit seal kit and didn't tell me and I failed to notice until later...

Speaking of lobster season... this boat rocks. Tons of room for 10 traps. Speed enough to get there first. Deck space has plunty of working area. Deck lighting. Cuddy lighting. Front, rear, and 360 navigation lights. Speakers and input for your phone so you can stream music in between pulls. Bait tank to keep your bugs fresh....

20160307_175013.jpg

SOLD

Last edited:

REAKtion4

One more cast!
Mar 23, 2008
Brea, CA, USA
Name
RJ
Boat
16FT, Bass Tacker, REAKtion4 22Foot Glasstron Seafury
Why!! Selling so soon. You just did so much work. Good luck with the sale.

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
RJ,

No real reason other than i am thinking about a 18 foot cc or similar. If she doesnt sell i will just keep on fishing.

FatPat

Jul 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Patrick Fitzgerald
Boat
14' Pacific Skiff 30hp Tohatsu
It was worth a try right?

I'm a big salt water bass guy and live
2 minutes from Lakewood if you ever need someone to spilt that fuel bill with.

Glws

-pat

Reactions: duckbutter6a

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Went out to the double rigs today. Took a video going each way. Pardon my terrible cellphone video skills.

Coming back was a little more fun than going out...

Last edited:
Reactions: FatPat

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Ok I will post a pic of all 4 cushions and my horde of spare parts underneath them as soon as i get back from Texas.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
My buddy has that same boat! That thing is a badass! Huge deck

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Bump. Moar pics added. Took her out yesterday. Fresh water flush and wash off only didnt have time to break out the soap/brush.

mediumcool

Apr 22, 2007
Blossom Valley
Name
Steve J Bollerman
Boat
22' Glastron, Maytee
New pics added. Tried to show the 30+ years of age, dings, sunburn, ect. Not a pretty or perfect boat but definately functional with a ton of space.

Looking to sell my SeaFury so I can get a smaller skiff since I mostly solo fish.

Notice below where I removed the rear passenger seats. Left the screws in. Dont mind the dirt/muck!

This is my next project on her...fixing the mess of wiring for the controls gauges. Only the tach works right now. Fuel guage doesnt work, Speedo doesnt work, Trim indicator doesnt work. I use GPS for speedo, never needed the other two. Probably gonna pull all of it and replace with smart guages or something when I have time.

Sancha is a 1983 hand laid glass hull with a 1999 Mercury electronically fuel injected 250 outboard.

I fish her once or twice a week. Everything works.

Comes with the trailer.

Cruise speed is 30 to 38mph depending on conditions or 3300 to 3800RPM's. Top speed is 48. Super fast inshore/catalina boat.

Fuel economy is 1.5 MPG at cruise. So around 100 miles range with a 75 gallon gas tank depending on how throttle happy you are. She likes to fly.

The hull is smooth riding and dry in most SoCal conditions. Got a little wet this Saturday but its kinda hard to stay dry when theres a small craft advisory out...

Electrical was recently went through and updated. Batteries moved from the bilge up into the cabin. New cables and mount.

Includes. Lawrance HDS 5 with all of my spots and a marine radio.

Two bilges. One 2k and. 600GPH auto.

Also willing to negotiate for my lobster nets.

$9000 or best offer/boat for trade.

Will post more pics tomorrow once I get back from fishing.

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
New starter installed. The original one from the factory died on me. Lessons learned? You can pull start this outboard in a pinch.

Prop has a new hub installed. Old one started slipping at high speeds. Wilmington Prop Shop rocks!

duckbutter6a

Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Someone make me a offer. Just sold one of my trucks so when I sell this wifey says I can get a new boat.