AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Glass is crisper, clearer, but heavier.

If you’re talking Costas, I have both, and the difference is nominal, but noticeable.

Reactions: jbarbosa and plj46

bobsled

Consumer
May 31, 2012
Los Angeles area
Name
Robert
Boat
N/A
Glass is crisper, clearer, but heavier.

If you’re talking Costas, I have both, and the difference is nominal, but noticeable.
Yeah, they are Costas. I think I'm going to try the glass lenses since I've never had glass lensed sunglasses. I might end up hating them, won't know until I try them.

Thanks!!

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Yeah, they are Costas. I think I'm going to try the glass lenses since I've never had glass lensed sunglasses. I might end up hating them, won't know until I try them.

Thanks!!
You'll like the fact that you can clean them and they don't scratch nearly as easily as plastic.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
that's a no brainer "GLASS"

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star

Thanks!!
Go with the glass! Takes much more to scratch the lenses. I just sent a pair of Zane Costa sunglasses with 580G lenses back to them, broke the frame, they take the lenses out, polish them and put new frames on them for a very reasonable price. These lenses are 6 years old, they look brand new! They should last another 6 years! Well worth it, the new frames were around $30! I've had the plastic lenses, they get scratches in them easily, go with glass! In the long run, it's a way better value!

Reactions: kokanee

Contractor.aten

Jul 10, 2016
Highland, Ca
Name
Tito Saldana
Boat
Defiance 290
Go with the glass! Takes much more to scratch the lenses. I just sent a pair of Zane Costa sunglasses with 580G lenses back to them, broke the frame, they take the lenses out, polish them and put new frames on them for a very reasonable price. These lenses are 6 years old, they look brand new! They should last another 6 years! Well worth it, the new frames were around $30! I've had the plastic lenses, they get scratches in them easily, go with glass! In the long run, it's a way better value!
I agree 100% Glass will outperform plastic but the cost could be a factor.. i have a few pair in glass a some in plastic.

Contractor.aten

Jul 10, 2016
Highland, Ca
Name
Tito Saldana
Boat
Defiance 290
Oh forgot to add!!!! I lose them sooner than I damage them!!!!! lol There is 6 pair of Costas and 1 pair of Maui Jims at the bottom of the Pacific.

Reactions: soul troller

bobsled

Consumer
May 31, 2012
Los Angeles area
Name
Robert
Boat
N/A
Yeah, I bought the glass lens version. Specially being the same price.

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
shit talking
I have both the glass and plastic in costas
I always get blue tint
and IMO the difference is in weight but not so much

both are quality

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
I wear glasses full time and have variable focal polarized sun glasses. Expensive. I wanted the glass version but my eye doctor talked me out of them for safety reasons. Glass can shatter -- like when a wahoo lure comes flying back -- while plastic cannot. I'd much rather have the scratch I got last spring that shards of glass in my eye.

Abaco

Aug 5, 2009
Sacramento
Name
Dave
Boat
The Organ
With my golf I switched to Oakleys several years ago and haven't looked back. Plastic. I used to fly a lot and used Ray Ban glass G15 lenses. Great for flying. But, now that I'm trudging over a golf course for 5 hours and need a tight fight - Oakleys.

Cheers.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I like glass to look through but right now I have Maui Jim prescription plastic. Super light.

Tom Honaker

Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat
Royal Star
Oh forgot to add!!!! I lose them sooner than I damage them!!!!! lol There is 6 pair of Costas and 1 pair of Maui Jims at the bottom of the Pacific.
I put croakies on my glasses, they fall off your face, they end up on your chest. Haven't lost a pair of expensive sunglasses yet.

TanstaaflSD

Dec 3, 2013
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
Tanstaafl
Boat
n/a
I have Rx glass for driving, but Rx poly for fishing. I got hit in the lens frame last year by a sinker from a D-S- trying to shake off a bait who shook off his sinker too. No damage, but a hell of a surprise and glad for the poly.
I agree glass is clearer over time.
Your choice.

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
I had been wearing plastic lenses but broke down and got a pair of Maui Jims with glass lenses. It was a whole new world. To clean the salt spray that is constantly coating my glasses on a LR trip all I have to do it dash into the bathroom and run some hot water on them. Shake the water off and away I go with crystal clear vision.

Weight is not an issue and I am not constantly scratching the lenses cleaning them or when I hit them against the side of the boat or some other hard surface. I still wear plastic lenses when shooting though.

Reactions: Fishybuzz