mr.limpet2

Oct 30, 2003
sah diego
Visit site
Name
bill
Boat Name
charter
For all you guys who knew him, he passed away on sunday 27 june. Peace be with him, he will be missed

I know many of you know Gil Buso. "Gone fishin' " was his business name, in Lakeside. He has been a rod builder/reel repair man fo 35 years. He did a lot of work for me, as a jobber, employee. We worked the shows (Long Beach, Del Mar, Phoenix, Day at the Docks, and others. Together, with my son, daughter, and Glen, selling my custom rods and used fishing equipment. Gil Passed away on Sunday, June 27th, of Lung Cancer. He was a great guy, a good friend. We had MANY good fishing days together over the past 20 years.
For his wife, I must offer for sale all his rod building equipment. She sorely needs money to complete the burial and some very necessary home repairs Gil was about to start, when the illness reached later stages, and he was unable to manage it.
He had a Pac Bay rod wrapping machine, all ALL the necessary stuff to build rods, many guides, tons of thread of all colors, two BBQ drying motors, reel seats, hypolon, cork rings, shrink wrap, glues, finish, cord, some blanks, and old replacement guides for older rods, to match guides and thread.... I will figure it all out this week, and post what is for sale, list of all stuff, and price. If anyone is interested, or wishes to send condolences, please contact me at: [email protected]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

padsfan

Sep 6, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat Name
Prowler 13 “Sustainable Farming”
Still have a Conolon that Gil wrapped for me, a fine stick! I'll think about him every time I catch a fish on it now.

Upvote 0

GUERO

Mansfield to Alijos......
Oct 24, 2004
9210B
Name
Big Girl, AKA, Miss March
Boat Name
Pinnacle Sportfishing
Gil will be missed for sure. he wrapped all my Trulines for a long time. His wife Ruthie is one of the sweetest ladies ever. Big fishing family too

Upvote 0