PENN

Rich Fagner

Almost A Member
Jun 19, 2015
Name
Rich
Boat
Patron
After seeing good reports I developed a case of ghost fever . It got so bad the wife said go get cured. Decided on a reverse 1.5 day with Captain Rick Russell on his remodeled Pacific Islander. Left Monday morning with full tanks of squid and high hopes. Did a drive by at Anacapa and not seeing much we headed to Rosa. Got there in good seas and gentle breeze. Get my 1st bait in and right away feel a huge head shake . Yahoo I’m seabass bit , holy shit it’s a really big one. It proceeded head for the structure. Button downed and full thumb pressure couldn’t stop it. Good by ! Others picked away with a few more gaining there freedom. By the time the wind picked up the boat was putting together a good count. Wind blew 20 to 30 till till 3 am . Then went calm and the squid floated. Full tanks. Captain Sonny dropped a bait and was rewarded with a 37lb yellow. We fished about an hour more and got no bitters. Then the wind started all over again. Daybreak found the yellows biting. I stayed busy getting hooked up to back to back furbags. Went 0 for 2! Mommy did want a coat. Even though we had pretty crappy conditions this crew worked there butts off keeping lines straight and trying to stay on fish. Captain Rick , Captain Sonny , Garret and Nick are a great team. Dani in the galley put out some awesome eats. If you want to cure your case of ghost fever see these guys ! You won’t regret it. I still have the fever but I did get a great dose of salt water therapy. Thank you for a great time.

73235656-455F-4192-BA0F-8D5C51B5DC24.jpeg

47B465E4-98FA-4B45-8C79-EB6EF99B58F9.jpeg

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Well sounds like your 1st bite was a BSB and they are very hard to stop been there done that! Exciting for the first couple of minutes but a lot of work after that if it doesn't break you off on the rocks first. You picked the right trip it will happen sooner or later.

Thanks for the Report!

Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    After seeing good reports I developed a case of ghost fever . It got so bad the wife said go get cured. Decided on a reverse 1.5 day with Captain Rick Russell on his remodeled Pacific Islander. Left Monday morning with full tanks of squid and high hopes. Did a drive by at Anacapa and not seeing much we headed to Rosa. Got there in good seas and gentle breeze. Get my 1st bait in and right away feel a huge head shake . Yahoo I’m seabass bit , holy shit it’s a really big one. It proceeded head for the structure. Button downed and full thumb pressure couldn’t stop it. Good by ! Others picked away with a few more gaining there freedom. By the time the wind picked up the boat was putting together a good count. Wind blew 20 to 30 till till 3 am . Then went calm and the squid floated. Full tanks. Captain Sonny dropped a bait and was rewarded with a 37lb yellow. We fished about an hour more and got no bitters. Then the wind started all over again. Daybreak found the yellows biting. I stayed busy getting hooked up to back to back furbags. Went 0 for 2! Mommy did want a coat. Even though we had pretty crappy conditions this crew worked there butts off keeping lines straight and trying to stay on fish. Captain Rick , Captain Sonny , Garret and Nick are a great team. Dani in the galley put out some awesome eats. If you want to cure your case of ghost fever see these guys ! You won’t regret it. I still have the fever but I did get a great dose of salt water therapy. Thank you for a great time.

View attachment 1288576

View attachment 1288577
    👌

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Thanks for the report

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    In my experience, up until the day I go, usually. Just got word trip Friday night is cancelled. :hali_parkutuli:

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK
    Same thing happens to me! The best time to go fishing is the day before and the day after I go.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Well sounds like your 1st bite was a BSB and they are very hard to stop been there done that! Exciting for the first couple of minutes but a lot of work after that if it doesn't break you off on the rocks first. You picked the right trip it will happen sooner or later.

Thanks for the Report!
    What he said. I was geared right and brought up a huge bsb. Never weight it .never put it on the deck. But a 50 lb wsb was easy after it.

Reactions: Rich Fagner
    Upvote 0