Getting very annoying, I can post here but can't open this forum to read.

Dexter Outdoors

UtahTuna

Mar 10, 2012
ut
Name
UtahTuna
Boat
Kon Tiki
Help please.
I'm UtahTuna and have been on BD since 2012.
With the new format, I can't get to this forum to read messages. Long Range doesn't even show in the California fishing sub forums.
How do I post here? By going through the home page "start new thread" option.
After I send this, I will be unable to open the long range forum to read it, or any other posts.

Today someone sent me a request to change my password, I did but there is nothing done to let me see the sub forums.

Will someone please try to get the attention of the BD administrators and ask them to contact me?
They have me listed with the wrong email address.

UtahTuna [email protected] (real email address)

UtahTuna

Mar 10, 2012
ut
Name
UtahTuna
Boat
Kon Tiki
Help please.
I'm UtahTuna and have been on BD since 2012.
With the new format, I can't get to this forum to read messages. Long Range doesn't even show in the California fishing sub forums.
How do I post here? By going through the home page "start new thread" option.
After I send this, I will be unable to open the long range forum to read it, or any other posts.

Today someone sent me a request to change my password, I did but there is nothing done to let me see the sub forums.

Will someone please try to get the attention of the BD administrators and ask them to contact me?
They have me listed with the wrong email address.

UtahTuna [email protected] (real email address)
Utah back here now, maybe. At least I have successfully reached the long range folder.
I'll post this to see if that now works. Thanks.
UtahTuna

Reactions: Bill W and RichG

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
It seems like the site is deemphasizing the California forums and putting more emphasis on the East coast and elsewhere.

themacs

Jul 18, 2003
San Clemente CA
Name
scott
Boat
none
I was pretty frustrated. Still am a little. I really don't like 2 things:
1). In the classifieds, when you reply you can't see if anyone else has. You can't see who has replied or has gotten a clarification etc.
2). In the classifieds, they are mixed with what I call hard tackle (rods and reels) and soft tackle (lures, hooks, line etc.). Liked them broken apart like they wewre in the past.
Just my 2 cents. I sure liked the past way of doing things. There were many posts that became funny etc. where now you can't see any replies. 😒

themacs

Jul 18, 2003
San Clemente CA
Name
scott
Boat
none
So now I have received 2 new "a new achievement upvote received". Thanks to 2 folks but I don't know what it really is or what to do with it 😂

Reactions: cow man

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Try posting in the new classifieds see how did works out to ask a seller a question. You can not ask any questions you have to PM them.
    This is my thought on why you can't ask questions when someone is selling something. Because a person that was selling a boat for double of what the boat should cost, got all offended by the B.D. comments that were being said to him, And he got his little feelings hurt and made a comment to the higher authority. Shortly after that, A statement was posted by the higher authority that "If you belittle someone or give him shit about what their selling in the classified ad's" You will be put in time out!! That's probably the reason you can't ask a question about a product someone is trying to sell.

Reactions: marlyn and Soda Pop

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
    northwest
    Name
    joe
    Boat
    none
    This is my thought on why you can't ask questions when someone is selling something. Because a person that was selling a boat for double of what the boat should cost, got all offended by the B.D. comments that were being said to him, And he got his little feelings hurt and made a comment to the higher authority. Shortly after that, A statement was posted by the higher authority that "If you belittle someone or give him shit about what their selling in the classified ad's" You will be put in time out!! That's probably the reason you can't ask a question about a product someone is trying to sell.
    I agree, Plus now, you don't have to moderate what's not there, no need to babysit remarks that may be offensive to the sensitive ones, It's really pretty unfortunate, because there was actually a lot of useful knowledge to gain through the question and answer's about the sale, it's uses, it's performance, as well as a value that should be in line with
    ..... on another note; this roll out is absolutely the worst one I've encountered on BD, what works on a laptop, does not necessarily work on I phone, what works on google may not work on Firefox ext. seems this rollout was more focused on less or no moderation needed to maintain the site...."harassing sellers will no longer be tolerated"

Reactions: Soda Pop and kevina

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
    Mar 27, 2013
    Alaska
    Name
    JAM
    Boat
    Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
    Definitely taking some getting used to this new layout. Finally found the FORUMS button at the top of the window next to my avatar. So I can at least find the threads I am interested in.

Not sure I care at all for the Up vote, Down vote stuff. Maybe it is just because all I have received have been down votes. Makes you feel like your on The Voice or maybe in the Roman Colosseum, thumbs up or thumbs down.

Last edited:

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    So now I have received 2 new "a new achievement upvote received". Thanks to 2 folks but I don't know what it really is or what to do with it 😂
    It's a gen z thing.
    Dig around in your settings (for a half hour, like I did) and stumble upon the place to turn off achievement (woohoo) notifications.