FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Had a small window to take my Son Lobster fishing for the first time.
He and his wife are here from Texas.
My hooping partner and I set a goal to get him 4 so he could have a dinner with his wife parents before they head back Friday.
We did better than that as he pulled a limit and we shut it down.
Took about 3 hours as we had not been out in 9 weeks.
Bait was sardines, depth 28 feet, 19 shorts, with another handful of too close to call so they went back.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Upvote 0

ISLAND BOUND

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 18, 2006
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
26 striper White Knuckles
Had a small window to take my Son Lobster fishing for the first time.
He and his wife are here from Texas.
My hooping partner and I set a goal to get him 4 so he could have a dinner with his wife parents before they head back Friday.
We did better than that as he pulled a limit and we shut it down.
Took about 3 hours as we had not been out in 9 weeks.
Bait was sardines, depth 28 feet, 19 shorts, with another handful of too close to call so they went back.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
View attachment 809983
Sweet ! Happy New Year John

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Bugz, bugz, bugz!

Great job. I am waiting for another opportunity to get over there, to stock up for the annual Super Bowl Lobster Fest party!

Reactions: FloMar
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    What ! 28 feet ....Not 280 feet like some have been doing ?

Last night we started in 23 feet.
    I hope you're doing' well Brian.
    Been working some areas that have a lot of Eel grass.
    Especially locations where it's up to 2 feet tall as they hide very well when it's that long.
    Yes 28 feet!

Reactions: pukahd
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Photo12291151.jpg
    Bugz, bugz, bugz!

Great job. I am waiting for another opportunity to get over there, to stock up for the annual Super Bowl Lobster Fest party!

For those that swear tubes are the way to go I say . . .
    The bait in these cages has been used the last 2 nights.
    I never had to refill any of the 10 cages the last 2 nights!
    Still sitting in the nets, in the boat, hooked to the 454, ready to go, when the next weather window presents itself, locked and loaded.
    Most times I've used the same bait is 7 trips in a row.
    On the way to CAT took the lid off the 5 gallon and almost jumped over at full speed, FN could not get close to it, had to dump the bucket! Thank You for that memory Arnold!

Done for now, don't like what I see from Mother Nature the next 2 days, back in the deep freeze they go.
    Photo12311059.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    That is some good bragging stuff!! One limit in 3 hrs daaaaayum. And some baitcage advice thanks for the info!!
    Here's some more Nate. Those zip-ties you see are holding wire mesh on the inside of the open-door end. The other end has the same except on the outside. I also leave a little sharp tip on the end. If you do not handle my cages right you could get cut, yes cut, so imagine when a Seal or Sea Lion tries to grab the cage only to have 20 zip ties pinch it's gums and/or mouth. LMAO! The rest of the cage is covered with a second layer of mesh so the only side not having protection is the bottom and that's strapped down and they can not get to it. What some people do not realize is an open cage will attract more of everything because it has more open space for the smell to be released quicker, yes had the camera on it. While tubes may be the way to go for some I believe they'll cut down the amount of smell and oil released = slower. A few commercial guys I know use slow release baits which release their oils and smells over a few days and many have incorporated tubes, but IMO if you want to get in and off the water quicker with better results and release more smell quickly because you're competing with anyone else in the neighborhood, then this is the way to go. When fact equals truth it's not bragging, LOL!

Reactions: hotrail20
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Sweet ! Happy New Year John

Welllllllllllllllllllllllll, it's January, I have a memory like a bear trap Mike, when are we leaving?! Happy New Year!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320

Good $#!+ Nate, just got a chance to view it . . .
    Laughed pretty FN hard, at least Pink Gummy had the solution.
    Needed that at the end of the week, thank you.

Upvote 0