I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Well, I took my nature walk today, and as is tradition, I didn't see what I was hunting for. Normally, I see turkey when i deer hunt, and deer when I turkey hunt. So today, i went for pig, and saw deer and turkey..... :(

That being said, it was one of the best days in the woods I have ever had. I saw a shitload of turkey, deer, and even a couple of bobcats. Probably out looking for turkeys.... ;) I was actually on my way to a spot, when I saw 3 deer. I was texting Jim about it, and almost ran over 50 or so turkeys gathered in the road.... :eek:

All animals were seen while I was driving around in between walking, and were within 50 yards of the road. Therefore, I say, if you want to see some critters, or take the kids out, now is the time. I have never seen so much wildlife at once. I am already planning on taking my son for a drive next Wednesday. The totals for today were......

120-150 Turkeys
25 Deer- Including a really nice 3x3 still with horns (Da :rolleyes: )
2 Bobcats

3 deer, 5 turkeys, and the 2 bobcats were the only ones I saw on public land. Everything else was on private, but fun as hell to see.

Couple of nice toms....

IMG_0754.jpg

Deer and Toms in one pic... Can you see them>????

IMG_0755.jpg

Nice buck, if you can find him... ;) Sorry for the quality, but it was zoomed in to digital range....

IMG_0756.jpg

Finally, a little guy with some ladies.....

IMG_0757.jpg

I have a couple of good videos too, but they are not loading. I will see if I can get them done.....

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Cool nature drive...That's why I never leave the truck when I go huntin...

Upvote 0

gpomplin

Oct 13, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    A BIG RUBBER DUCK
    Well, I took my nature walk today, and as is tradition, I didn't see what I was hunting for. Normally, I see turkey when i deer hunt, and deer when I turkey hunt. So today, i went for pig, and saw deer and turkey..... :(

That being said, it was one of the best days in the woods I have ever had. I saw a shitload of turkey, deer, and even a couple of bobcats. Probably out looking for turkeys.... ;) I was actually on my way to a spot, when I saw 3 deer. I was texting Jim about it, and almost ran over 50 or so turkeys gathered in the road.... :eek:

All animals were seen while I was driving around in between walking, and were within 50 yards of the road. Therefore, I say, if you want to see some critters, or take the kids out, now is the time. I have never seen so much wildlife at once. I am already planning on taking my son for a drive next Wednesday. The totals for today were......

120-150 Turkeys
    25 Deer- Including a really nice 3x3 still with horns (Da :rolleyes: )
    2 Bobcats

3 deer, 5 turkeys, and the 2 bobcats were the only ones I saw on public land. Everything else was on private, but fun as hell to see.

Couple of nice toms....

IMG_0754.jpg

Deer and Toms in one pic... Can you see them>????

IMG_0755.jpg

Nice buck, if you can find him... ;) Sorry for the quality, but it was zoomed in to digital range....

IMG_0756.jpg

Finally, a little guy with some ladies.....

IMG_0757.jpg

I have a couple of good videos too, but they are not loading. I will see if I can get them done.....
    they are all out where you can see them because no hunter pressure in the field, and I'll bet you didnt go where I told you to go to look for pigs did you, you stayed close to the road....
    icon7.gif

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    No bobcat tags?

Nah, I'm a meat hunter Nate (obviously not a good one ;) ). I don't like to shoot anything I won't eat. Don't care if others do it, if it's legal, I just don't like to. One of them would have been a good one too, as he was walking across a wide open, public field. I watched him for a few minutes. They are pretty animals, and make a beautiful fur, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Gary,

I went to 2 areas, one near where you mentioned, and one where someone else said. I walked quite a bit, and am feeling it too. I glassed alot, but didn't see much of anything moving.

P.S. Anyone seen bucks holding their antlers this late? I have seen smaller ones, like that little spike, hold them, but a larger model 3x3 like that guy? I'd thought he'd have dropped by now... .:confused: He was really nice too, very high, not that wide.....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Oh man.....I need to get back to work. Been 7 months and duck season drained the funds pretty good. Got yellowtail and turkeys on my mind but it's gonna be shitty if I don't get a job soon. Anybody need a construction super. Some doors, crown moulding or baseboard done for cash? I'm not a beggar but this fucking economy's ridiculous and if I don't find anything soon I'm not gonna be able to kill!!!

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    they are all out where you can see them because no hunter pressure in the field, and I'll bet you didnt go where I told you to go to look for pigs did you, you stayed close to the road....
    icon7.gif
    Yo Gary, PM me the whereaboots of said hogs and I'll cook you up a fine meal of genuine "free range" carnitas. I am a half-breed beaner, so I can cook some carnitas.:food-smiley-014:

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    Oh man.....I need to get back to work. Been 7 months and duck season drained the funds pretty good. Got yellowtail and turkeys on my mind but it's gonna be shitty if I don't get a job soon. Anybody need a construction super. Some doors, crown moulding or baseboard done for cash? I'm not a beggar but this fucking economy's ridiculous and if I don't find anything soon I'm not gonna be able to kill!!!

Yo B, I was putting up some crown molding by myself today, only because I bid the job so low , I couldn't afford any help. I don't recomend it. If I see anything substatial comming up I'll give you a ring. As for now, It's slim pickens.:Bawling_e

Upvote 0

gpomplin

Oct 13, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    A BIG RUBBER DUCK
    Yo B, I was putting up some crown molding by myself today, only because I bid the job so low , I couldn't afford any help. I don't recomend it. If I see anything substatial comming up I'll give you a ring. As for now, It's slim pickens.:Bawling_e
    it sure is just finished a house today and the other one didnt go, so now I'm not working right now either....
    icon9.gif

Upvote 0

gpomplin

Oct 13, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    A BIG RUBBER DUCK
    Yo Gary, PM me the whereaboots of said hogs and I'll cook you up a fine meal of genuine "free range" carnitas. I am a half-breed beaner, so I can cook some carnitas.:food-smiley-014:
    I can toooo, on job sites I'm known as the white Mexican:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
    Jun 26, 2004
    With your Mom
    Name
    Jim Perkins
    Boat
    18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
    Looks like fun even if ya didn't get what you were looking for!!!
    Where any of those public land turkeys where I told you they'd be at?

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
    Aug 24, 2004
    ramona
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
    nice walk... kinda like when me and dbar went out... life everywhere..... few more weeks and it will be hiding again as soon as the turkey madness happens

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Looks like fun even if ya didn't get what you were looking for!!!
    Where any of those public land turkeys where I told you they'd be at?

Nope. Actually, the only turkeys I saw on public land was a group of 5 or 6 fat gobblers, right on a small piece of public land that Dave showed me... ;)

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat

Thanks Tony...I'll do the same.

Upvote 0