calbrewguy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Randy
Boat
None
One of the reel is electric, we just got it, it's easy to use. Sometimes it's better to use the manual one, you get more feeling about fishing. So we switched it between us.
They show up about 11 am, it became foggy around 9 am and maybe that's why they were out? Not sure.
We really don't know the fathom line thing until the cop explained to us.
People here may be fishing for a long time and knows all in and out?
But it's really not easy for us to be clear about all the detail regulations about each type of the fish. I mean the fathom line is not even showing on the MPA map.
Anyway it's not an excuse of not knowing a rule, so as I drove the boat I'm paying for all my friend's fines whatever it comes up with.
I think some people here are a bit harsh, I know it's against rule or law, but it's not like robbery or other things that make one person really a bad guy. I talked to one of the guy in Island Fuels who deal with fishers all the time and he hasn't ever heard about the rule.
I think we would like to experience the court, telling the truth and see how it goes.
Anyway, all of these has been a good way to learn about the culture here.

There are kinder and meaner people anywhere, it doesn't bother me much.
All the trash talk and mean gestures defines more about the person who said it.
If you immigrated from China you're probably pretty well off so you can afford stupid mistakes.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
but that's federal water. state regs dont apply until you attempt to bring that fish into a ca port,
The state almost always adopts the Feds rules with fisheries - both rec and commercial. Ca enforces them because they are on the same page with the Feds.

Reactions: nefarious235