Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Tell em you were high as a kite on hard drugs and you would like to get a prop 47 exclusion from consequences.

• Haha
Reactions: KXKH

jackyaochina

Nov 20, 2020
Irvine, CA< USA
Name
Jackyaochina
Boat
Pursuit 26
So at almost every tackle shop or sports stores they have these free fishing regulations books. I'd suggest picking one up and reading it. Maybe you don't know this too but soon (depending on your age) you will also need a Boaters certificate. Might wanna get on that too.
I have a boater license, and some basic knowledge of what should and what should not do, but this 60 seaward fathom thing is new.
Im from China, has been here for two years, still have a lot to learn.
I got access to a boat, maybe after this covid I would invite some experience fishers to learn from.

Reactions: jiggermyster

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
There goes a G
G+, After all the local nickels and dimes that get tack on to the fine. Depending on the county where the Citation was Issued, Those Add On's of nickels and dimes could add up more than Double your base fine. I've heard that from a couple of people that also got a Ticket from the F&G.

Last edited:

RockHopperNCKA

Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Now that we got recond on paper we need to do everything according to rules from now on.
So the only reason you think you need to follow the rules from now on is because you “got recond on paper “?

No sympathy here.

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Plead dipshit
He doesn't have to plead dipshit, he is one.

Once you got your license you understood there were regulations to follow, hence "license". Read up and follow the regulations instead of doing what you want and, "I got caught" attitude. You fishing the 14 for rockfish looks bad on all of us. Sport fishing is exactly that, a sport. This isn't harvest what you want where you want rules be damned until you are caught.

Enjoy the $4400 lesson (I wish he would have popped you for the full dollar amount or $16,000-$20,000). I hope those were the best "quality" rockfish you ever ate. Should taste about like $7800 in pre-tax dollars! Yum!

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
Why? Hopefully the judge throws the book at him and fines him the maximum amount for each fish him and his buddies took illegally.
Well I guess it comes down to if they just didn’t know, OR they knew and did it anyways. I guarantee everyone of us has violated a law or ordinance and didn’t know we did initially. Don’t need to be an asshole all the time. Just to those that truly deserve it. Maybe this guy does, I dunno. But $1000+ fine should get him on the correct side. I know it would wake me up and cause me to read the regs thoroughly

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
G+, After all the local nickels and dimes that get tack on to the fine. Depending on the county where the Citation was Issued, Those Add On's of nickels and dimes could add up more than Double your base fine. I've heard that from a couple of people that also got a Ticket from the F&G.
Agree but the bail sheet already shows fine + penalty assessments. That’s the final column on right.

Reactions: kevina

Noms

Dirty taco maker
Aug 12, 2017
San Diego
Name
Angel
Boat
15 foot tin can
I have a boater license, and some basic knowledge of what should and what should not do, but this 60 seaward fathom thing is new.
Im from China, has been here for two years, still have a lot to learn.
I got access to a boat, maybe after this covid I would invite some experience fishers to learn from.
Just busting your balls. I had to renew my driver's license this year. Learned a couple things I wouldn't have otherwise.

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Well I guess it comes down to if they just didn’t know, OR they knew and did it anyways. I guarantee everyone of us has violated a law or ordinance and didn’t know we did initially. Don’t need to be an asshole all the time. Just to those that truly deserve it. Maybe this guy does, I dunno. But $1000+ fine should get him on the correct side. I know it would wake me up and cause me to read the regs thoroughly
Personally, I have some sympathy for the guy. If he says he didn't know, I would take him at his word -- probably why the warden wrote them for only one fish each. The problem is that the amount of effort to become well versed in CA F&G laws is unreasonably large. The seaward of 60 fathoms is definitely not something that anyone would even suspect -- nor is it justified by science. Instead, it seems like a trap for the unwary. Everyone needs to follow all the laws, even the ones they don't agree with, but the government ought to make laws that are not unnecessary or hard to understand. Don't get me started on the tax code.

Last edited:

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
Aug 11, 2010
Covina, Ca.
Name
Dean
Boat
1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
So at almost every tackle shop or sports stores they have these free fishing regulations books. I'd suggest picking one up and reading it. Maybe you don't know this too but soon (depending on your age) you will also need a Boaters certificate. Might wanna get on that too.
And maybe also pick up a dmv handbook, those come in handy at times also.
IDIOT !

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
Wouldn’t it be great if the people who make map chips would partner with the DNR people who create these closed zones?
Map folks don't want to get sued.
The State doesn't want to crimp this revenue stream.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Last edited:
Reactions: jackyaochina

agarcia

May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
I was a believer at first but now think it was a great troll. Multiple hook ups.
At this point, he’s definitely over limits! Only question that remains is whether we cite the OP or those that bit?!