nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
How many rockfish were in your possession?

WHALER21

Aug 27, 2006
Cerritos
Name
Carlos
Boat
BW Justice 17', Parker 2320, 15' Boston Whaler & 16' G3
Go to Google Earth and look for canyons and rocks 100’ and deeper.

Be aware of the maximum depth limit allowed for rockfish. Last time l checked, it was 450 feet but you will need to confirm in the most recent California sportfishing regulations. Otherwise, you will be receiving another ticket in the mail.

jackyaochina

Nov 20, 2020
Irvine, CA< USA
Name
Jackyaochina
Boat
Pursuit 26
How many rockfish were in your possession?
We were 4 people and each person has about 4-5 rockfish, but the police says he will count 4-5 in total for all of us and pretend the ones in our cooler were catches somewhere else. Good guy actually , but he won’t let us go just with a warning lol.

jackyaochina

Nov 20, 2020
Irvine, CA< USA
Name
Jackyaochina
Boat
Pursuit 26
There is now no leaniency towards fishing fines in the courts. They can't by law lower or change the fee. I know a few who went in person and were told in both their cases that the judges hands were tied when it can to DFG regulation and fines. That was 2019 so it's unfortune but Just learn and pay.
Sorry to hear brotha
Thank you! It’s ok, good to know now.

jackyaochina

Nov 20, 2020
Irvine, CA< USA
Name
Jackyaochina
Boat
Pursuit 26
Yeah, the cop explains it’s 450 feet depth but from the mainland or any island. It goes up in 14 miles bank and that doesn’t count.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
There is now no leaniency towards fishing fines in the courts. They can't by law lower or change the fee. I know a few who went in person and were told in both their cases that the judges hands were tied when it can to DFG regulation and fines. That was 2019 so it's unfortune but Just learn and pay.
Sorry to hear brotha
This /\ Showing up in person,taking time from work and spending a day in court will most likely cost more than the fine.My son tried that,ticketed for no license in possession.Thinking he would show the judge he had a license the fine would be reduced or just removed.Nope,paid the full amount and lost a days pay by skipping work.

Reactions: woodfish330

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
It's gonna be by mail, police said that... Is it worth to dispute in court?
Dispute it how? That you didn't know? Ignorance is no excuse. Actually, maybe nowadays it is, but it didn't use to be. Ignorance does seem to work for stuff like rioting, running from the PoPo and using your home brew server to store classified emails when you are Secretary of Defense.

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Dispute it how? That you weren't there, and if you were there you didn't catch the fish, some other guy did, or the cops planted them on you? Or just that you didn't know? Ignorance is no excuse. Actually, maybe nowadays it is, but it didn't use to be. Ignorance does seem to work for stuff like rioting, running from the PoPo and using your home brew server to store classified emails when you are Secretary of Defense.

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
go to court , get the court to knock it down to fishing without a lic, about 750. last ticket i got was for pismo clams , back then the fine was ove 2k, it was plead down to fishing without a lic , 300 bux.
What was the violation for Pismo? I just realized that each clam angler needs a gauge. oops.

stuman

Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
They send a quite big boat with radar, and then come to us with a small rubber boat. I heard it is very rare but it happened.
Was the fishing good? I'm asking a serious question. I've been on research trips to the coastal MPA and the quality of the fish is amazingly different.

stuman

Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
If it is section 27:83 is it $485 or $1095

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 3.40.46 PM.png

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Couldn’t you say you were protesting? BLM. Bottom fish Lives matter.

Noms

Dirty taco maker
Aug 12, 2017
San Diego
Name
Angel
Boat
15 foot tin can
So at almost every tackle shop or sports stores they have these free fishing regulations books. I'd suggest picking one up and reading it. Maybe you don't know this too but soon (depending on your age) you will also need a Boaters certificate. Might wanna get on that too.