Get busted by fishing police on 14 miles bank Socal

jackyaochina

Nov 20, 2020
Irvine, CA< USA
Name
Jackyaochina
Boat
Pursuit 26
We went to 14 miles bank in Socal to catch rockfish today and got busted by fishing police. Apparently it's not legal, which we were not aware of.
Anyone has any idea which spots are good near Newport Ca area?Now that we got recond on paper we need to do everything according to rules from now on.

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
That's going to be one Expensive Ass Fine. He'll learn when he sees the Judge or If he's luckily he gets to pay by mail.:zelfmoord

Reactions: joey997

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
We went to 14 miles bank in Socal to catch rockfish today and got busted by fishing police. Apparently it's not legal, which we were not aware of.
Anyone has any idea which spots are good near Newport Ca area?Now that we got recond on paper we need to do everything according to rules from now on.
Put the fishlegal app in your phone . It's free

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
It's gonna be by mail, police said that... Is it worth to dispute in court?
What is there to dispute? You did it and got caught claiming ignorance as an excuse won't play well in front of a judge and might just make it more expensive.

Bite the bullet and take it as a tough lesson learned

tunakillerjoe1

Jul 24, 2017
San Diego, Calif
Name
Joseph Gratteau
Boat
Valco Westcoaster
So there are fish cops roaming around offshore? I wonder if a drone spotted you. I supoose you could argue it was not identified clearly...

Last edited:

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
YES, don't listen to those telling you to man-up and pay the find, you made a mistake, go see the Judge, explain, always better to deal with humans than to deal with machines, the Judge maybe lenient.
Good Luck.

NoLDR

OG BD member
Mar 26, 2003
Sherman Oaks
Name
BRAD
Boat
29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR

Fine is about $2500 but they will let you do community service

• Wow
Reactions: winnawinna17

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
the associated court and newsome fees will easily double the "mail in" fine if you fight it.
8 1/2 years ago, you may have gotten off with a warning......

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
go to court , get the court to knock it down to fishing without a lic, about 750. last ticket i got was for pismo clams , back then the fine was ove 2k, it was plead down to fishing without a lic , 300 bux.

Reactions: jackyaochina

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
There is now no leaniency towards fishing fines in the courts. They can't by law lower or change the fee. I know a few who went in person and were told in both their cases that the judges hands were tied when it can to DFG regulation and fines. That was 2019 so it's unfortune but Just learn and pay.
Sorry to hear brotha

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubeye and plj46

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Go to Google Earth and look for canyons and rocks 100’ and deeper.