I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 9, 2009
Newport Beach California
Name
Steve Brown
Boat
Radovich 34
Got taken by a Pemex reptile.
I pulled in to fill up. While letting the dog out, slippery resets the pump. Adds on an additional ten bucks and plays with the exchange rate.
While attempting to engage me, I asked him if he played games with locals as well?
I kept my ten, told him if there’s a pump problem, then they should fix it.

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Yeah they figure... they got you if your heading Loretto way. Been "bent over" there before.... years ago. Some things never change!!

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I pulled in to fill up. While letting the dog out, slippery resets the pump. Adds on an additional ten bucks and plays with the exchange rate.
While attempting to engage me, I asked him if he played games with locals as well?

Was this the PEMEX closest to the main highway? So you are saying he didn't reset the pump to zeros and started pumping adding to the $200 pesos that were already on the pump? $200 pesos is a big score when you consider he may make 300-400 pesos a day.

I thought it was impossible to do that with the new pumps though, unless they are standing there pumping fuel into another car.

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Old game, few years back I was in San Carlos pulled in to a marina (not the one by the big hotel) boat had little less than 1/4 of a tank, tank capacity 202 gallons, boat took 216 gallons, I protested, the owners of the marina (American's) said the would look in to it, gave me the runaround until it was time to leave.

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
had that happen 3 times at the new station before entering the toll road from San Jose, got 2 times with that and then next time she pocket 200 pesos while she showed me the pump, then counted the money and said we were 200 short. I just figured I had been had and wont fill up there any more.

40Grit

Sep 9, 2009
Newport Beach California
Name
Steve Brown
Boat
Radovich 34
I just stared at the pump while he was trying to re direct. Skunk. Yes it’s the station closest to the monument on the outbound side.
Never leave the pump, and have your calculator ready.

Reactions: Cubeye

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I didn't realize that the new pumps could be "tinkered" with to modify the settings. Maybe so, because the stations we stop at, the guys always points to the setting before he starts to pump. Just to let us know that the price is zero.

We had a few problems at San Vicente on Mex 1 near Erenderia, so we don't stop there any more.

scoop

100 Ton Captain
May 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Copper
Boat
Mako 184cc
I’ve got a bad tank of diesel there about 6 years ago and my truck was never the same after. The same trip my buddy got gasoline for his Toyota truck and it stalled and sputtered until he ran a couple of tanks of fuel later. I will NEVER buy fuel at that station again.

Fish Asassin

one cast = one kill
May 16, 2012
San Diego / Baja
Name
Fred Garvin
Boat
U.S.S. Mobile (LKA 115)
Cant prove it but I was told that the pumps dont monitor flow. The gas is metered by revolutions of an impeller. Holes are drilled in the impeller blades by crooks. The impeller spins but doesnt pump at the same rate. Thats how they can charge you for 26 gallons in a 20 gallon tank. Brilliant!!

Reactions: Cubeye

Avery Gilleland

Apr 8, 2012
Cal.USA /loreto bcs./lopez mataos b.c.s.
Name
avery gilleland
Boat
tuna can
Another thought! Don't be in a hurry , always follow a local car when in line , if the attendant tries to direct to a pump stay in line unless you just saw a local leave that lane. that might be a Gringo pump. Another idea , a lot of the the locals order gas by the liter instead of by the peso amount. this makes sense, H ope this helps you guys and gals!! Gone fishing.