Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
I'm looking at the Garmin 4212 bundle vs just buying the Garmin components. My thought is that for about $300ish more I can get the GDL 30A (Satellite weather and XM radio) module which if bought seperately is over $600. Truth is I don't think I'll use the satellite portion, so any thoughts as to if it's worth buying the bundle? May be worth the resale value or I suppose I could even sell the 30A but would welcome the feedback.

Full Eclipse

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 22, 2006
Escondido
Name
Steve
Boat
24 Ft Skipjack Flybridge "Boomer"
I hear the sattelite weather is real time! Thats pretty cool if you ask me, and how could you go wrong with XM radio?

I say : go for it!!

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Thanks guys. I guess I can look at it as a money saving purchase. $29 a month for real time weather and surface temp info will likely save me enough fuel to pay for the service because I won't be wandering around looking for warm water! (really honey, it will save me money!)

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
I have no clue, but those flatties in your avatar are making me hungry.

Nice fish!

LoveBaja

Apr 19, 2008
Temecula, Calif.
Name
Justin
Boat
28' 1967 Californian Sportfisher
Tim, your wife is about as likely to agree with that cost justification as mine! But since when has that stopped us? Yeah, be sure to consider your monthly cost, but he real-time weather and satellite radio? Damn hard to beat! I for one would be envious!

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
I have no clue, but those flatties in your avatar are making me hungry.

Nice fish!
Thanks Gordo. It was an epic day. First three hali to the boat, 70, 75 and 94 lbs on three rods. #5 miles offshore in 600 feet of water... Followed it up with 6 lingers all over 20 lbs, and the 30 black sea bass. 425lbs of fish when all was said and done.