Gail Force 6/24

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by S&W686:-), Jun 24, 2014.

1. S&W686:-)

S&W686:-) Member

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Sportboats
    Not much to report. Slack current all day. Ok pick at some rockfish. The capt and crew did there best with conditions. They tried to get us on the barracuda but a bone headded private boater mowed over the school we were trying to fish for.

All in all a good day out with some friends.

Thank you to the Gail force and crew.

peteking, hawkplayer32 and jaw1970 like this.
  2. stevefwolfe

stevefwolfe Member

Name:
    Wolf
    Boat:
    yes I have one
    Karma!! the Gail Bitch has done it to me. I was on anchor at Italian Gardens when it was open and that prick went between us and the kelp not 30 feet off our bow. I called him on the radio and he said we were in his way. I will blow out his chum slick every chance I get. Also my 11 year old daughter was on the boat and got thrown to the deck. The little ah at the landing I talked to just laughed and said all skiff fishermen are fools. It is because of people like that I have lost all respect for the party boats. They want room but will step all over a small boat if we are on the fish.

Fish Dreamer, plj46, MItoCali and 2 others like this.
  3. jakejake527

jakejake527 Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    I was on a party boat half day this saturday....fishing kelp

captain placed the boat 25 yards from a small anchored boat

I thought it was kinda rude....but I'm not in control. caught a calico every cast though. the guys in the small boat didn't catch anything while we were there. the look of anger and envy at the same time.

KrakenSlayer likes this.
  4. stevefwolfe

stevefwolfe Member

Name:
    Wolf
    Boat:
    yes I have one
    A lot or the party boat captains have no respect for private boaters and will step all over you. I have called in the Bongos and Liberty on bites because they respected my space other times. I do not hate them all, just some. The Liberty was at the same location at Cat. We called them in on a wide open yellow bite as we had all we wanted and they were driving by with no clue the fish were there. I just wish the captains would give the same respect they want.

Halibuts Dream and rile-b-fishn like this.
  5. vincentek9

vincentek9 halibut suck

Name:
    Vince
    Boat:
    AVparker
    gail fag has buzzed my buddy and i countless times during the lobster season and nearly tossed us out of our boat. they also dropped nets within 10yds of us, and yelled at us when we went to pick up our nets and reset in the same spot. there is nothing good about that boat. i wouldnt be suprised if that pb ran over the school on purpose becuase the gail fag has so many enemies. the capt is a dickface. i cant say anything about the crew.

Fish Dreamer likes this.
  6. gnehekul

gnehekul I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Fishead
    Boat:
    cash carrying ho
    lol. where are those guys that tell you guys to not say anything bad about the sports boats because they are gods of the sea?

7. whammy

whammy Hook Up!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    2200 XL Pathfinder
    had the same thing happen to us this past season inside the harbor. Was hooping a spot a couple hours before the gail force decided to fish the same area which was cool with us but the deck hand then starts cussing at us and giving us the finger. I understand that a lot of pbers follow them around every night but that was not the case with us and definitely no need to drop on top of us and definitely no need to cuss over in our direction.

8. gnehekul

Name:
    Fishead
    Boat:
    cash carrying ho
    guys when you do this to the gale force you are really also punishing the innocent guys who just paid to fish.

don't like what they do feel free to pm jigmonster since that's the boat on here.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    BurningHeart and Danny like this.
  9. gonzoslays

gonzoslays Member

Name:
    ERIC
    Boat:
    plug chukar
    seems that the gail farce has had a turd at the wheel for many years now, had issues with them in the past on the sand bass grounds. was telling his passengers on the P.A. to cast at all the boats that were already anchored before he got there and motored through to get to HIS numbers.

10. rdrrm8e

rdrrm8e Fucking Stan

Name:
    chuck
    Boat:
    No
    Man....I have fished with Capt. Ryan a few times. I have talked to him many more times. I am sure you guys had your experiences with this boat...but it's really hard for me to see him do any of this stuff.

He just seems like a nice guy.

Danny and peteking like this.
  11. gnehekul

Name:
    Fishead
    Boat:
    cash carrying ho
    I have fished the boat before too.. maybe he is just nice because we were customers? but yea he is a nice guy on the boat but I have also seen the bs that happens during lobster season to and from him. im surprised no one met him at the dock yet

12. jigmonster

jigmonster Advertiser Advertiser

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
    Or better yet here is my cell number. Any issues with my boats please call.
    (310) 844-3814

13. peteking

peteking Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana

Name:
    Pete King
    Boat:
    Ohana

He is a great guy and runs a top notch business.

I think it must be a slow day at the Cliven Bundy Ranch and the whackos that trolled in here have nothing better to do...

Team Ball's Out likes this.
  14. gnehekul

Name:
    Fishead
    Boat:
    cash carrying ho
    gota respect a man who doesn't hide from criticism.

15. stevefwolfe

stevefwolfe Member

Name:
    Wolf
    Boat:
    yes I have one
    I took the time to call Ryan and talk to him. He did address the issues I had with the boat and apologized for the indecent if it was him. It took some balls to put his number on line and answer the call. He made it clear that it was wrong and he also made it clear that he is trying to do the right thing. Hats off to Ryan for being so upfront. Gail Force will get another chance in my book and I wish him the best. He also made it very clear that if you have issues with the boat during lobster season he would like a call so he can talk to the guy the runs it on the lobster trips.

16. S&W686:-)

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Sportboats
    I did not know that this would bring up so much attention.

Just a guy on the boat trying to have some fun out on our ocean. I just thought it was rude to brezz not 50ft from the bow. While the capt and crew tried all day to get us on the bite. Hard working crew and Capt.

17. S&W686:-)

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Sportboats
    To Vince,

Lame really?? Just telling it like it is. If you were rolled up on to and you were trying all day to make something go would you not be upset???

Just posting a report on conditions not bsing or trying to be boastful.

18. jigmonster

jigmonster Advertiser Advertiser

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
    Nick I'm glad your group had a good time. Next year, or hopfully sooner, Catalina Island bound!

19. Team Ball's Out

Team Ball's Out Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ray Collier
    Boat:
    23' Sea Swirl Striper
    We went lobster fishing with them last year and they did not do any of that dropping on other people gear. If anything they drop on the GF gear. First time on the boat was pretty impressed with the operation!

peteking likes this.
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Member

Name:
    Karl
    Boat:
    A 51, a 32, an Avon, , and a couple paddle boards :)
    The gail bitch is a total jerk. I was at the island for a week, in the beginning of the week I anchored up, his buddy the pursuit was a way away from me, the Gail anchored right beside me then got on the speaker to tell his passengers to throw jigs on my boat. I told him I was going to call the coast guard and my crew videoed it on their cells and he stopped. That guy is a total butt head to say the least. He made obscene gestures to me the rest of the week so his passengers didn't see what he was doing, I just laughed at him.