THE GRAYS

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Just curious who is doing the installation, and where they're located? I'm looking at getting a similar setup installed, but want to go with someone recommended. I'm in Escondido (North County SD)
Sent you PM. 👍

Zee Man

Jan 25, 2018
san diego
Name
ZIA
Boat
ROBALO R240
Hi I am also looking to switch to a all furuno package for my 32ft edgewater cc. Looking at Very similar setup plus furuno VHF with AIS.
Did you make the decision to install a Chirp sounder plus the DFF3D sounder for a specific reason? Can you elaborate please, is DFF3D by itself not adequate for our style of SoCal fishing - offshore and islands mainly.
Thx much and apologies if this question has been covered elsewhere.
ZeeMan

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Hi I am also looking to switch to a all furuno package for my 32ft edgewater cc. Looking at Very similar setup plus furuno VHF with AIS.
Did you make the decision to install a Chirp sounder plus the DFF3D sounder for a specific reason? Can you elaborate please, is DFF3D by itself not adequate for our style of SoCal fishing - offshore and islands mainly.
Thx much and apologies if this question has been covered elsewhere.
ZeeMan
After fishing with DFF3D for a few weeks, deep, offshore and island, we are primarily using the DFF3D. The 3D and triple beam just do much better than the traditional sounder with CHIRP. We have found a huge amount of fish that just didn’t show up on CHIRP because they are off to the sides. We would still have some kind of transducer that feeds to the traditional sounder because we are used to looking at that version, but you don’t need it.

Reactions: mahi

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
FE62797B-E974-4665-BB25-58DB325E17C6.jpeg

Reactions: SC_HAMACHI