Gratitude

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 27, 2004
Azusa
Name
Jim Garner
Boat
17' Boston Whaler, Montauk, Gratitude
I am about ready to pull the trigger on a Furuno FCV620-PWD. It comes with a transom mount transducer for $799.00 from Marine.com.

5%OFF - FURUNO FCV620 PKG W/ TRANSOM MOUNT TRIDUCER 525STID-PWD Marine.com - marine electronics, Raymarine, Furuno, Harken, Lewmar, Schaefer, Garmin

My ride is a 17' Boston Whaler Montauk that I trailer, so a thru hull is probably not practical.

Does anyone have experience with this model?

Should I consider something else?

Also, what would it cost to have someone remove my current finder, and professionally install the new Furuno.

Thanks for your insights.

Jim

tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
That is same unit I have in my boat. Excellent unit, but much better with the thru hull transducer.

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
I got the 620 for $677 and transducer for $112. (For my Whaler also) no shipping charges either. From BOE marine. 1st time customer, everything went smooth. I ordered on line. shipped UPS. They are having a sale on Furuno right now, check them out. Todd.

I inquired(from SURG, our resident electronics expert) on a price to install a thru hull on a whaler and was told it is tricky and pricey about $500 just for the install.

wasabi

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 13, 2003
oceanside
Visit site
Name
kevin
Boat
20' grady white
i just bought that same unit 2 months ago, and I love it. Try consummer marine electronics, I found them to have the best price and had great service. Did the installation myself it was fairly easy. I went with the through hull 525st-msd, I beleive thru hull is best but know its not as easy on a boston whaler. Good luck.....wasabi out

Humble Pie

Help Me Mr. Wizard
May 13, 2004
At Work #@&^%$#*&
www.baddawgsports.com
Name
Dan
Boat
landluber
Thanks Hung for the referral

Jim

Those prices arent bad, but you will need to add a ducer to that...say a bit more than a 100.00 for a transom mount

Thru hull is a bit more

FURUNO 525STID-PWD TM MULTI F

Check your email...i have sent you a quote including shipping to your door of $776.00

FURUNO FCV620 PKG W/ TRANSOM MOUNT TRIDUCER 525STID-PWD

Dan:boobies:

Gratitude

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 27, 2004
Azusa
Name
Jim Garner
Boat
17' Boston Whaler, Montauk, Gratitude
Thanks Hung for the referral

Jim

Those prices arent bad, but you will need to add a ducer to that...say a bit more than a 100.00 for a transom mount

Thru hull is a bit more

FURUNO 525STID-PWD TM MULTI F

Check your email...i have sent you a quote including shipping to your door of $776.00

FURUNO FCV620 PKG W/ TRANSOM MOUNT TRIDUCER 525STID-PWD

Dan:boobies:
Dan,

I just left you a voice mail. I am trying to order this FURUNO FCV620 PKG W/ TRANSOM MOUNT TRIDUCER 525STID-PWD for your quoted price of $776.00 to my door.

Thank you,
Gratitude
Jim Garner
626-485-6254 cell