carrie's bait boy

No ones prostaff
Apr 17, 2015
Kent WA and Westport WA
Name
norm
Boat
Too many
I am a big fan of humor, or what I perceive as humor. Sometimes people say shit that isn't meant to be funny but we get a good laugh out of it anyways.
Last Monday I am at the fuel dock in Westport with Robodad and another friend when a couple of gentlemen come over to our boat to have a chat. After a short hi how are you and a look at the Tactical Strike they thought it was their duty to tell me that I have too much shit hanging on my boat. "No need for all that equipment. Just a waste of money." I gave them a nod and a comment about how we fish for many different species and better to have the stuff we need when we need it. As they made a couple of comments I couldn't hear, they walked back to their boat. We had a nice chuckle as we noticed they had no radar, no life raft, didn't see a radio antenna, no downrigger mounts. Couldn't tell if they had an electronics onboard but I will assume so. They probably will be asking for cords from you all later. They would have really gave us shit if I hadn't pulled off our new stripper pole/crab puller davit before the hali trip.
And it only took me 3 days to see Robodad had changed his signature on here to say "Norm has too much shit on his boat". Well played Allen....

Upvote 0

Cohoho

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
Add more stuff.... Hell yea, add everything you can think of - as I can't wait to run with you... lol

ow is the leg after the past weekend?

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
That's a sad example of the mentality of some of the folks we share the water with.

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
Guess my boat is way overkill Norm!
Overkill?????...not even close and I need to find room for two maybe three more screens.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hunter Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
My favorite is seeing the model/year boat as your own, that still looks like it did, rig wise when it was on the dealers lot. Two years back on Edmonds coho derby weekend dad and I saw another Bayliner Explorer like his. Looked immaculate, no mods. We went down to talk to the owners of course. They had bought the boat for cruising 2 years before that, right out the barn it had been stored in since 1985. First owner bought it for retirement, then had a stroke, so the boat sat with about 50hrs on the engine until 2012! Shiny, nice.....BUT, compared to the MUGWUMP? No radar arch, no rear grab rail, no rod holders ANYWHERE, no knife rack ( c'mon really? no knife rack?) no fish box.....nuthin'. Real pretty boat for boat rides, but that's about it.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
My favorite is seeing the model/year boat as your own, that still looks like it did, rig wise when it was on the dealers lot. Two years back on Edmonds coho derby weekend dad and I saw another Bayliner Explorer like his. Looked immaculate, no mods. We went down to talk to the owners of course. They had bought the boat for cruising 2 years before that, right out the barn it had been stored in since 1985. First owner bought it for retirement, then had a stroke, so the boat sat with about 50hrs on the engine until 2012! Shiny, nice.....BUT, compared to the MUGWUMP? No radar arch, no rear grab rail, no rod holders ANYWHERE, no knife rack ( c'mon really? no knife rack?) no fish box.....nuthin'. Real pretty boat for boat rides, but that's about it.
What size Explorer? I am curious on how they ride and although a Bayliner, how's the construction? Seen some killer deals on one's that need light work and cleaning around.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0