MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat Name
SandWish
Fished the front end west side of Anacapa island today on the Speed twin . Crew is awesome, breakfast sandwich and cheese burger a must. 180 to 300 feet for a limit of reds and some bonus white fish. 8 to 12 oz weights. Bounced a lot of jigs, lost several to the rocks . Capt Jessie works his ass off. Very fishy guy, and the boat is the most comfortable in Ventura county . Very wide. Stable and an awesome galley. Well done rod storage . Does not leave till eight. But it is fast and he fishes late. Longest half day around.. 40 Tanglers is No issue on this boat. Solid day and the weather man as usual was wrong.. no wind. No swell. Great day.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

I fished Cisco's back when I was learning saltwater with my pop at about 6-7 years old. This boat would have prevented a lot of 🤢🤮 A 26 foot beam with a twin hull? This boat looks like you could play a game of ping-pong on the deck during sloppy seas. Might have to book a trip - soon.

Upvote 0

MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat Name
SandWish
Damn, my buddy chartered the Erna B and we ended up going to Malibu on a full day. Kook status. Glad you guys got some fish!
It was fun day. What is kook status? Malibu can be really good around deep hole area.. tough conditions? I love the crew of that boat. Mike is a solid captain. And Shaun is amazing .. been on that boat for 30 years.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat Name
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I like the space to walk around on the speed twin.
I concurr with your assessment entirely.

Had fun fishing the ST with many fine anglers from a number of other websites ages ago.

RIP other websites.

Long Live Bloody Decks!

Reactions: CartridgeCalls
Upvote 0

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat Name
.--.
You dated yourself there!! Any idea when that was? Boat came from Florida? Remember seeing it pulling water skiers!
This would have been mid 60s. Red Covey had ran boats for years out of O'side prior to that. That's where I first met him. Good guy. Yes, believe the Speed Twin may have once towed 100 water skiers.

Reactions: Noah & Scoot
Upvote 0