PENN

the red panga

Aug 10, 2010
oceanside
Name
E
Boat
whoever invites me
Headed out of oside around 6 and the parking lot was empty because everyone was either south on the 9m or north on the 150 - got a full scoop of big macks/dines and made it about 20m offshore by 7am. Caught 12 25-35lb yt (30lb flouro) on the first paddy we pulled up to and were done by 930. Left them still biting because our arms were tired and the boat was full so we passed out the coordinates and went in search of something bigger. Found the something bigger w +80lb breaking bft mixed in w dolphin but couldn't get them to bite. An awesome day on the water tho - sorry no pics

Upvote 0

steelhead88

Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence!
Aug 18, 2008
Ventura
Name
Scott
Boat
GRAYLIGHT- Custom 23' Aluminum Pilothouse
Way to find your own fish. Combat fishing sucks and really defeates the purpose of why most of us escape the day to day grind.

Last edited:
Reactions: wils
Upvote 0

jazbo

Mar 13, 2012
Aliso Viejo
Name
Jason
Boat
NA
Headed out of oside around 6 and the parking lot was empty because everyone was either south on the 9m or north on the 150 - got a full scoop of big macks/dines and made it about 20m offshore by 7am. Caught 12 25-35lb yt (30lb flouro) on the first paddy we pulled up to and were done by 930. Left them still biting because our arms were tired and the boat was full so we passed out the coordinates and went in search of something bigger. Found the something bigger w +80lb breaking bft mixed in w dolphin but couldn't get them to bite. An awesome day on the water tho - sorry no pics
Any numbers as to where to begin the search? I am heading out on NB Monday at 4AM. Thank you very much

Upvote 0

Pfeiffer Rose

Aug 2, 2014
Name
Todd
Boat
21' parker Pfeiffer Rose
"DID YOU KEEP ALL 12 . really need that much hope you threw back a few too . thats a lot of fish dam ?. b"
I do know of pleny of fisherman who rely only on the fish they catch the pigs, deer, turkey ect. as their only source of protein.
Just sayin'
~Todd

Reactions: RDeathriage
Upvote 0

lamnidae

Aug 25, 2008
Escondido
Name
Chris
Boat
anything I can fish from
Sounds like you found a paddy that hasn't been molested. I have a feeling that there is a big area that could produce fish but not many are checking it out.
Great job

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
REALLY! Im sure he kept all 12 so what my neighbors love fresh fish and we would keep all twelve too and bless the people around us and by the way great going
were headed out that way tuesday

Reactions: triton91
Upvote 0

the red panga

Aug 10, 2010
oceanside
Name
E
Boat
whoever invites me
Yes we kept all 12. It was 4 of us on the boat and I was making up for all the times I come back empty handed. But make no mistake- everything from the collars to the fish bones (soup stock) got used. We could've continued fishing but I figured 3 per person was plenty- still left lots of them out there for you guys. My last one was taken on spear so I got to take a look, the school was too many to count. I do believe firmly in sustainable fishing practices.

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
3 fish each and you left them biting.

Aquasport do you belong to surfrider, nature conservancy, sierra club, heal the bay, Pew foundation ???

Reactions: Killsfish
Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
3 fish each and you left them biting.

Aquasport do you belong to surfrider, nature conservancy, sierra club, heal the bay, Pew foundation ???

Vigilant32... you give way to much credit, he is none of those, more like a jealous prick because he didn't get any.:slap:

Red Panga Welcome to BD. If your going to post you have to learn to ignore the jealous haters.... there will always be at least one. And get a camera, because here on BD we call bullshit without pictures. :idiot: as if they mean shit

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
You must be one hell of a fisherman. You guys left biting yellows 'because your arms were too tired and the boat was full' to go look for something 'bigger' so those same tired arms could 'play' with. And of course you found the 'bigger' in form of 80lb+ bluefin.

Alot of sports boats captain would be envious of your accomplishment. I'm sure they would love to make a claim like yours. But then there's all those passengers there with camera phones so it'd be kinda tough. :)

Can't wait until your next report. Opah maybe???

Reactions: 'C' Dawg
Upvote 0

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008
North San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
Gregor 20
You know what cures fish envy? Going fishing and catching a fish for yourselves.

Upvote 0

smazza123

1997 Spectrum great riding skiff
Aug 29, 2014
Oceanside
Name
steve mazza
Boat
19' spectrum
Question of the day from a fellow Oceanside angler. Do I understand you just headed out of the harbor about 20 miles. I don't like the crowds either. If i am looking normally I go to the Carlsbad Kelp and Canyon then proceed on from there. Not looking for numbers just a general Idea of the heading. It goes unsaid but we all love the tail.

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Are you guys seriously asking him to give you numbers of a paddy that is probably miles and miles away from where it was yesterday? Go out looking there's more than one paddy out there.....oh brother!!!

Upvote 0