longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    I left shelter island at 430 with my uncle and picked up the best scoop of bait I've had all year, didn't loose a single piece. Headed towards the 371 looking for some fish to pull on. Got to the zone about 645 and put the trollers out and my uncle gets bit while letting the daisy chain out about 10 seconds in. I figured it was a dorado but was thrilled to see a yellowfin come over the rail.

I brailed some bait and a huge school of footballs stuck to our boat and were chewing everything. It was instant in the corner until we got our limits which was quick. I called out the numbers which were 15 over 29 and split to find some dorado.
    20200904_152930.jpg
    20200904_153007.jpg

We headed south of the 371 and were waved in by 4 dudes in a defiance with a wide open dorado kelp, thanks guys! We quickly put 4 decent dorado in the boat and headed for the barn and back at the ramp by 11. Water was very clean and ranged from 69 to 71. Good luck and stay safe!
    20200904_153208.jpg
    20200904_153059.jpg

Upvote 0

Big_Tuna_

Aug 3, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Bigtuna
    Boat
    Parker 2310
    Awesome!!! Thx for the report! quick question for anyone really...I understand the requirement to have FMM and conservation passport while within 12 miles of Coronado island. Annoying but whatever. Basically means even if we want to fish the south 9, we need to have those documents.

So in order to get to 371 from SD and steer clear of the 12 mile boundary, one would have to go out of the way. Just wondering if y'all venture into the 12 mile zone just to get to and from 371 (or 302 for that matter).... The pink line here designates the 12 mile zone

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 4.22.13 PM.png

Upvote 0

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
    May 31, 2003
    Poway redneck
    www.wedigscripps.com
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    23' Maritime Patriot
    Seems like your new thing is eliminating the ocean of defective dorado, or did you get hungry and take a chomp out of that one's side :eyepoppin :D

Gotta' love being back early - even though it's 190 degrees out.

Oh and by the way, tell your uncle we need to bloody up that cute pink t-shirt next time he comes out fishin' :rofl:

Upvote 0

longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Seems like your new thing is eliminating the ocean of defective dorado, or did you get hungry and take a chomp out of that one's side :eyepoppin :D

Gotta' love being back early - even though it's 190 degrees out.

Oh and by the way, tell your uncle we need to bloody up that cute pink t-shirt :rofl:
    Yea not sure whats going on but even one of the yellowfin had a defect!! Haha I think your just jealous of that shirtLOL

Upvote 0

ontheline

Jun 30, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Wes
    Boat
    250 Defiance
    We were the defiance that waved you in. Our handle is Paddy Whacker. So many boats were bent on that paddy. I think there was close to 20 boats on it by the time we left.

The dorado would bite any line size with any hook size for live bait. We also caught them on irons, colt snipers, and even a popper.

The yellowtail were way more likely to hit the colt sniper or an iron on the sink. They also came on live bait, but only 20lb rigs were getting bit.

There were other paddies in that general area that we wide open. We found another and got limits of smaller yellowtail off of it. It was a great day to be on the water.

Upvote 0